Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 13-December 17 )

• Photo
    hairbear

• Photo
    Ramschav

• Photo
    Hitby

Photo

Tonights result!!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
4 replies to this topic

offline Stu B

Stu B
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
A very good night!!
Thought we looked a bit lifeless in the first half but really came out strongly in the 2nd half,throughly deserved our goals,into extra time it became a more balanced.Some great saves from Wilko throughout the match,especially the header he punched over the bar...i'll never know how he did that. I was REALLY nervous on the penalties,i noticed a number of people who couldn't even watch!
Bet your glad you came now yunggravesendian
Bring on Chester!!

offline chris blanc

chris blanc
  • First XI - Permanent
Best game of the season so far! Agreed, we were very poor in the first half, but made up for it during the rest of the game. Some great performances from Howarth, Abbey, Owen and Wilko (as always)

Well worth every penny, bring it on Chester!

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Wilko not only won it for us with that final penalty save - which for one awful minute I thought the ref was ordering a retake on - he also made that one on one save from Devine a minute from the end of extra time as well. What a star !!

offline behindthegoal

behindthegoal
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Agree with the previous posts that it was a great night. My daughter (nearly 16 so she has not seen too many matches!) thought it the "most exciting match ever"
Not sure I thought that but it was still very good and I think it is the first penalty shoot out I have seen us involved in. There might have been previous but I can't actually remember one.
Overall I even thouught the ref was ok which is saying something these days.
There is no doubt that a match under lights has better atmosphere than a day game.
Well done lads.

offline DJAY

DJAY
  • Reserves
Last two I remember were both against Welling in the KSC. We lost both. 2nd time it was 4-4, Welling just missed their 5th and Steve Portway stepped up to take our final pen......and missed!!!!!!!

I have a theory that the team that misses first often win the shoot out.... and look what happened last night!!!

As for last night 1st half was rank. 2nd half... did we put 11 ringers out??? certainly not the same team. This lot looked well up for it. At the end of the evening it was actually ten quid well spent.

This was my 2nd match this season having previously seen the Aldershot match. Might even go Satuday (we are at home I take it!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus