Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 11-December 17 )

• Photo
    Kel

• Photo
    Daz P

• Photo
    Will Graham

• Photo
    Gabriel Phelps

Photo

Chester's chairman...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
2 replies to this topic

offline Stu M

Stu M
  • National Squad - 1st XI
"I wanted my business partners to enjoy their day at the match". What a prat.

Still seething after City’s 1-0 FA Cup first round home defeat against Gravesend and Northfleet, the Chester City chairman said: “It’s one thing after another at this club at the moment.
“I feel like I’ve been let down by the team and I can’t understand why.
“I don’t know what more I can do for this club. I know the websites are screaming out for a change in personnel, but let’s not be hasty. I’m sure we can bounce back at Morecambe tomorrow night.
“Going out of the FA Cup so early has cost us in prize money for starters, and we would have pulled in more money from a second round home tie against Notts County.”
Vaughan was angry with the players and the management immediately after Saturday’s cup defeat.
He added: “I destroyed the team after Saturday’s match – I went down to the dressing room and told them exactly what I thought.
“I’m not having it – I’m totally stressed out with this job.
“I wanted my business partners to enjoy their day at the match on Saturday, and they understand that we needed to win the cup tie to generate more money for the club.
“The management team are under pressure now and they have to put things right tomorrow at Morecambe.
“I know Mark Wright has criticised our fans for some of their comments, but our fans aren’t to blame for getting beat – they pay money to watch us and they have every right to moan.”

Chester lost 3-2 at home to Notts County on Saturday in their Youth Alliance League match.

Still, at least they got a game against Notts County!

offline Blind Bigot

Blind Bigot
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Uuuuuuuuuuuu........er missus!!

When are club chairmen going to learn that football clubs are not their alta-ego. Sounds like the guy needs a course of the old calm down pills!

Can't imagine that a Chester v Notts would attract Live Sky coverage in a case though can you?

BB

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
  • National Squad - 1st XI
The chairman is entering into a spelling bee:

S-O-U-R

G-R-A-P-E-S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus