Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Murfitt backs successor to take Greens forward

FF News

Colin Murfitt believes Soham Town Rangers are in their strongest position in years after stepping down as chairman and handing over the baton of running the Ryman North club to Stuart Hamilton.

Murfitt has been involved at Julius Martin Lane for more 30 years before ending his second spell at the Greens helm at the club's recent AGM.

Following the election of his successor, Murfitt, who was made an honorary life president after stepping aside, told the club's website: "The club is in the best position it has ever been. They've got the best manager in the league [in Steve Fallon] and we've done a lot of work on improving the ground over the years.

"The club has no debt, money in the bank and a lot of other clubs haven't got that, so it's a good position to leave them in."

Soham's new chairman Hamilton arrived at the Cambridgeshire club last year having served on the board of the Southern League and been previously involved at both Cambridge City and Histon.

Hamilton was was elected at the AGM after being recommended by Murfitt who has given him his full backing.

Murfitt added: "He's keen, he wants to do it and I'm happy to help him in any way I can. We've got the money in place for the first six months of next season and that should see us through.

"It needs someone who can dedicate time to it. I haven't been at many games for the past two years and I've just been making sure everything is okay financially. I'll still care about the club and it's in a really good place."

Source: www.isthmian.co.uk

Source

Archived