Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Community kings are just getting started

FF News

EVO-STIK Northern Premier League Community Club of the Year Farsley Celtic are hoping to see even more local businesses and organisations using their facilities at Throstle Nest next season.

Named at the EVO-STIK Northern Premier League's 2014-15 annual awards nights in Blackpool as last season's most community minded club, Celtic's officials are currently preparing to host two major events for major local employers later this summer - a sports days for William Hill's trading department and Green Flag's national #Flagstock event.

Open to the public, Flagstock kicks off at the First Division North club's ground at 1pm on Sunday 9 August with entry priced at £1 and all monies raised going to Green Flag’s charity partners.

Green Flag are also offering free vehicle health checks to anyone who attends the event which will include a hog roast, bar, music throughout the day and live bands from 5pm. The entertainment planned for kids includes a bouncy castle, hook-a-duck, bucking bronco, gift stalls, raffles and a tombola.

Farsley Celtic chief executive Josh Greaves, pictured, said: "This is great opportunity for the club to show the wider community of our capabilities and facilities. I am pleased that such large businesses have recognised the potential and drive we have at the club to host great events.

"I feel that as a club Farsley Celtic need to give back to the community who can enjoy our great facilities. There is the possibility of hosting a number of these kinds of events over the next season after we helped to raise over £18,000 for local charities this year alone."

He added: "We would love the opportunity to host more of this type of event and if anyone is interested in the facilities, please do not hesitate to contact me at the club."

Source: www.evostikleague.co.uk

Source

Archived