Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wortley steps down from Towners role

FF News

Keith Wortley will be stepping down from the role of Enfield Town FC Match Secretary at the end of the season.

He will be replaced in the role by John Dolan who, in turn, will be succeeded by Emir Mehmet on the administrative side of John's current Under 21s role. Keith, John and Emir will be working in tandem and handing over gradually for the remainder of this season.

Keith has been involved with both Enfield FC and Enfield Town FC for nearly 30 years. He recalls "The first game I arranged for Enfield FC was a pre-season friendly match against Hampton FC (as it was then known) on 2nd August 1986. I remember another first on that same day was a debut by Paul Harding, who went on to play for clubs such as Barnet, Notts County, Birmingham City and Cardiff City.

"I have been continuously in the saddle for Enfield Town since its inception – starting with the first friendly at Brimsdown against Brimsdown Rovers on 24th July 2001. The time has flown, I have enjoyed every minute, and I am delighted that John has been able to step into the role. I will continue to see everyone at Town matches as the club continues to go from strength to strength."

John Dolan said "I am delighted and honoured to take up the new role. I look forward to helping Brad and the club in their continued success. I wish Keith all the best; he will be a hard act to follow. I look forward still seeing him at the QEII for many more years to come. I would like to thank Emir for volunteering to cover the admin role for the U21s and look forward to working with him."

Chairman Paul Reed added “I’ve known Keith for over 30 years now and you’ll struggle to find a nicer, more sincere and likeable man. As well as his fantastic service to the old Enfield FC, Keith has been an “ever-present” as match secretary since our formation in 2001. For a Chairman, Keith is about the safest pair of hands you can have at a club. He is diligent, reliable and never lets you down. On top of his secretarial duties, Keith was also one of the main driving forces in delivering the move to the QES and the stadium will act as a lasting reminder of his commitment to the club.

“I’m sure “The Wobbler” as his is affectionately known, will continue to be a regular feature at the club on matchdays as he enjoys his retirement. On behalf of myself and the club I would like to offer our sincerest thanks for everything you have done for football in Enfield, Keith, you’ve made a massive contribution to our club and have been a huge factor in helping us achieve so much in our short history.”

Source: www.enfieldtownfootballclub.co.uk

Source

Archived