Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FC Halifax midfielder Wilde says team 'devastated' after Pools loss

FF News

A distraught Josh Wilde has described FC Halifax Town's 4-0 defeat to Hartlepool as 'one of the worst games' he has been involved in.

The Shaymen travelled to Victoria Park hoping to end their winless streak in the Vanarama National League. However, a Nicky Deverdics opener and a Liam Donnelly penalty within seven minutes of kick off all but killed off the game early on.

Rhys Oates then put the hosts up by three, before Conor Newton added a fourth as full-time approached to end a game in which they were always second-best.

"It's tough to take really. It's disappointing, all of the lads are devastated," Wilde said. "I just think now you are starting to see what full-time teams do."

"We're part-time and I think at this minute in time it is showing. It's not an excuse but all the lads have been in work today and have been up since 6, and are back in at 6 tomorrow, and it just takes it out of you.

"These lads have probably done nothing all day prior to this, they've just come in fresh and I think that can make a difference as well as the extra training and the extra fitness. I think at this stage of the season we are starting to see that show though."

Read more: http://fchalifaxtown.com

Source

Archived