Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

my nan and the nhs farce

My nan suffers from osteoporosis, which is a bone crumbling disease. she has it really bad in her back (which basically gives her a "hunch back" cant believe i said that but just want to give you the picture) in the last 5 years she has gone from 5"11 to 5"1 due to the incurable disease, (more info http://www.nos.org.uk/osteo.asp).

my grandad cant even take her out in the car as any bumps are agonising for her. it is getting really bad now and she has not been out for over 4 weeks. she used to stay in due to the embarrasement but overcome that and now its just too painful for her.

anyway on sunday morning she began having breathing problems (where here back is hunching over it is begining to cause her ribs to crush other organs) so my grandad dialled 999 for an ambulance. what turns up a f***ing mini bus because apparently only 3 ambulances are available in west essx on sunday.

when she arrived some jumped up doctor told her that she should of called her doctor! (so pleased i was not there) depite my nan explaining last time she did this he took 6 hours. then my aunty requested a scan only to be told we dont do scans on sundays, DONT DO SCANS ON SUNDAYS...what are people not allowed to be ill on a sunday?? after this she asked for some oxygen and some doctor told my aunt that she will have to wait as they dont really have time for this as they are under staffed!

then they ask for a wheelchair (thank god my nan has finally accepted she now has to be in one, she has amazing dignity) to be told that they dont just hand them out willy nilly. my grandad was speaking to an ambulance man and he said now for them to release one they have to put in £1 (like a trolly!).

what an absolute joke.

the thing also is she cant take the painkillers as they have side effects which are as painful as the disease.

i tell you what after that day if i ever get ill i may as well put a gun to my head. f***ing waste of space. whats the point of paying national insurance money for this joke.

Me too Pinnacle, I totally agree our NHS is a joke, and I agree with the 'Kosovan' sentiment too. Hope you can find some shred of justice from this shambles.

As an aside, how come '[****!!****]' is censored whereas '[****!!****]' isn't???

Quote:
Mr Happy said:
You should write to the Trust and complain. Copy the BMA and the local press as well.

Mr Happy is right - you need to keep the pressure on - it has great effect if you can name names like the name of the Doctor in the hospital and the name of her local GP surgery, although if you do make sure the complaint is very factual and not a personal attack.

Something along the lines of "Please can (name of the Chairman of the Trust) explain why the following situation was allowed to occur....etc naming doctors and the surgery. Please can he/she also explain in what circumstances my grandmother would have been treated.... Make some suggestions of her being treated with a lack of humanity for a very distressed lady and with no respect for her age, condition and dignity.

They don't like being identified, and although personal attacks get them off the hook, they can be very sensitive to reasoned and public criticism!

I hope she is a least comfortable now with what must be a very distressing condition for her and her family, especially your granddad, who must feel very helpless when faced with the bureaucrats. They both probably feel sold down the river after paying their whack of the cash mountain used to fund the NHS administrators at the expense of clinical care.