Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 11-December 17 )

• Photo
    Kel

• Photo
    Daz P

• Photo
    Will Graham

• Photo
    Gabriel Phelps

Photo

Matt Rouse

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
6 replies to this topic

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Congratulations to Matt on earning a 2 year contract from Andy - well deserved I thought, based on his efforts in the pre season games I saw.

News from official website follows below :-

12/08/04 Contract signed - Matt Rouse
Matt Rouse, the ex-Arsenal junior that Fleet took on a non-contract basis from Fisher for two months last season, has now signed a two year contract. Manager Andy Ford says "Matt has done well in pre-season training and matches. I feel there is potential in him to do well in the Conference."

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Well I'm shocked. Find it hard to believe. Personally I expected him to be shown the door at the end of last season

offline Andrewc

Andrewc
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Quote:
Anonymous said:
Well I'm shocked. Find it hard to believe. Personally I expected him to be shown the door at the end of last season

He took a while to adjust to the conference but looked a different player 'on tour' a couple of weeks ago especially when making superb runs down the left. We still haven't seen the best of him, but as he continues to improve we won't have to wait too long.

offline James

James
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
I see you gave him time to make an impression all of 20 mins against Dagenham and 90 minutes against Northwich. I think he has done extremely well pre season

offline Richard C

Richard C
  • Reserves Coach
I thought just the 20mins against daggers was good enough... great flair player... well done rousy....

offline Red Neck

Red Neck
  • Reserves Coach
Quote:
Anonymous said:

You obviously haven't been at ANY of the preseason friendlies. Matt has been the most outstanding player in the half a dozen, or so, games I've seen so far. Fast, strong and able to pass the ball quickly and precisely.

offline Glyndc

Glyndc
  • Onlooker
At the end of last season I wasn't impressed and was quite suprised to still see him in the pre-season squad.
But that shows why Andy is in the hot seat and not me - Quite clearly Matt is a quality player and if he can perform throughout the season as he did against Welling the biggest challenge will be keeping him!

Congratulations Matt!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus