Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Well hello there...

Hey there! I tried doing this last night, but I was so tired, I took so long and then all my hard efforts disppeared. Bloody thing.

Anyway, my name is Darren and I am 16 from Gravesend. I signed up here, as "DarrenFC"(I know, it really is a tragic name, just some bugger already had "Darren" and I've never been the creative type) but it would appear I haven't received a confirmation letter, yet...

Basically, I'm here to tell my story and hopefully become a Fleet fan once again.

When I was about 7-10 (late '95 onwards) I went to see Gravesend play at home nearly every match. Then the person who took me - my mum's boyfriend - got a job that clashed with most games, so I saw Gravesend a lot less over the next few years. As times have got on, I've seen them less and less. Last time I went was probably the first home game in the Conference a couple of years back.

So, I'm here to attempt to get back into it all. I've recently left school, I suppose I feel more independant and would like to watch Gravesend play more often. One problem though, is that the less I went, the less I knew about the team, so these days, I don't know too much about the team and the players, what they're like etc. I was looking at a squad list yesterday, I recognise quite a few names, but that's probably from reading their names in the paper when they scored or whatever. Obviously, i still recognise the almighty Jimmy Jackson. wink.gif Just it's all a bit different from the days of Mark Munday, Steve Portway, Dave Powell, Lee Turner (I scored a penalty past him. Ha! Shame I buggered up the other two...Oh well, I was 8.) Corey Campbell, Richard Dimmock and others.

So...I suppose I'm not entirely sure what the point of this was...I think i just wanted to catch up a bit with what's gone on, explain myself, talk to some fans, that sort of thing.

I went past Stonebridge Road not long ago, I swear it said the tickets were £10 (I remember when it was £3...then again, I am now an adult)

So yeah, I'll stop rambling now. If I've sounded like an [****!!****] in this message, then i apologise. It's 3:30am at the moment, and I can't sleep, so I'll use that as my excuse.

Thank you for letting me introduce myself, and I apologise for my lack of knowledge. wink.gif afro.gif

Haha, what friends? wink.gif Nah, I just don't have any friends who've even been to Stonebridge Road before...buggers... wink.gif

Richard..? Did/do you go to Gravesend Grammar School...?