Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

• Photo
      24 Jun
    hollower

RT @RussWWFC: Remember seeing Jordan Pickford play for Darlington against Hayes & Yeading in 2012 when Hayes won 3-2 in a great game. Come…

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 25-June 18 )

• Photo
    Webbo MFI

• Photo
    Tom

• Photo
    Daggerlen

• Photo
    ChrisJones

• Photo
    nut250

• Photo
    BAFCAdam1901

• Photo
    clive

Well hello there...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
4 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Hey there! I tried doing this last night, but I was so tired, I took so long and then all my hard efforts disppeared. Bloody thing.

Anyway, my name is Darren and I am 16 from Gravesend. I signed up here, as "DarrenFC"(I know, it really is a tragic name, just some bugger already had "Darren" and I've never been the creative type) but it would appear I haven't received a confirmation letter, yet...

Basically, I'm here to tell my story and hopefully become a Fleet fan once again.

When I was about 7-10 (late '95 onwards) I went to see Gravesend play at home nearly every match. Then the person who took me - my mum's boyfriend - got a job that clashed with most games, so I saw Gravesend a lot less over the next few years. As times have got on, I've seen them less and less. Last time I went was probably the first home game in the Conference a couple of years back.

So, I'm here to attempt to get back into it all. I've recently left school, I suppose I feel more independant and would like to watch Gravesend play more often. One problem though, is that the less I went, the less I knew about the team, so these days, I don't know too much about the team and the players, what they're like etc. I was looking at a squad list yesterday, I recognise quite a few names, but that's probably from reading their names in the paper when they scored or whatever. Obviously, i still recognise the almighty Jimmy Jackson. Just it's all a bit different from the days of Mark Munday, Steve Portway, Dave Powell, Lee Turner (I scored a penalty past him. Ha! Shame I buggered up the other two...Oh well, I was 8.) Corey Campbell, Richard Dimmock and others.

So...I suppose I'm not entirely sure what the point of this was...I think i just wanted to catch up a bit with what's gone on, explain myself, talk to some fans, that sort of thing.

I went past Stonebridge Road not long ago, I swear it said the tickets were £10 (I remember when it was £3...then again, I am now an adult)

So yeah, I'll stop rambling now. If I've sounded like an [****!!****] in this message, then i apologise. It's 3:30am at the moment, and I can't sleep, so I'll use that as my excuse.

Thank you for letting me introduce myself, and I apologise for my lack of knowledge.

offline Richard C

Richard C
  • Reserves Coach
Well the only thing to say is, get yourself along at the next home game 28th August vs York City...... set to be a real corker..... We have a much much better side than ever in the past.. full of quality and skill..... we always need old faces in the stand.........

offline UP FLEET

UP FLEET
  • First XI - Sub
and bring your friends........

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Haha, what friends? Nah, I just don't have any friends who've even been to Stonebridge Road before...buggers...

Richard..? Did/do you go to Gravesend Grammar School...?

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Ok, ignore me Richard haha.

There was a kid in my class with the same name as you...

Just, I only just noticed you're 22...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus