Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Start of a New Era - Start of Changes required

Although we are starting a new era, the Club is by no way out of trouble, the debts may be cleared but the fundamental problems still exist at the Park.<p>I am sure that the new Chairman will start to change things, our Club can not rely on gate receipts alone or a generous benefactor, remember what happened last time.<p>This is our chance to influence and assist in the changes that are required at the Club, now is not a time to be sitting back and thanking ourselves that we have a new saviour, we need to get on our feet and either assist in the running of the Club or assist in its financial security (not just putting hand in pocket).<p>What can we do as supporters.<p>1. Arrange a City fans day <p> Cityfanday tried to arrange one earlier this month before the suspension came into effect. Cityfanday do you want to continue from your good work and start it up again?<p>2. Set up a supporters trust<p> Many other Clubs have set these up in desperation having a Chairman that is taking their Club down, if we were to set up a supporters trust now it could be used to support the club and enhance its future.<p>3. The need for revenue outside of matchday's<p> The biggest problem with this Club is that it relies on income generated from match day's. Any ideas on how the facilities could be better utilised to increase revenue or something that can generate income on a continual basis.<p>With the level of support that we have and the financial resources that could be utilised within St. Albans and the surrounding area this task can be easily achieved with the correct leadership, direction and dedication<p>[ 16 February 2002: This message was edited by: ATF Blue ]</p>

I don't want to sound too pessimistic but...<p>I think it would be better if we waited for Mr. Gibson to make the first move. Give us a business plan. A mission statement. Tell us where all the money is going to go. How it will be split up. I see a meeting has been arranged. It will be interesting to see the outcome of that.<p>Patience is a virtue.

Coolness is not hereditary.<p> wink.gif" border="0