Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

May 4th - SACFC Open Day???

GHA EFM

Just a thought. FA Cup final day. Barbecue commencing at, say 12.00. Management, maybe players, directors and chairman, supporters, anyone at all really, very welcome. Next season's kit on display. Boardroom / Clubhouse open all day. FA Cup final on the tele in the clubhouse, kick off 3pm. Happy hour from 5pm til 6pm maybe. Then, at 6pm, the long-awaited rematch between EFM and Saints Supporters, as has already been arranged. Rumour reaches me that former EFM custodian TL (also known as GHA) may return to the side, either between the sticks, on pitch, or just on the bench.<p>Just a thought. I do try.<p>[ 28 March 2002: This message was edited by: Grand High Aviator ]</p>

Im with GHA on this one. I think it sounds like a good idea. It would be a great day and the club could make quite a bit of money.

As long as all details are advertised, I reckon we could expect a fair few people. Im sure the trip for the 'post season' tour does not actually start until 13th May, but I may be wrong.

GHA, make sure you speak to the relevant people asap. Sure Vicki and james dont mind working all day.

Obviously, your all-new family firm (discounted membership subscriptions for block bookings) would be happy to move the grudge match against Saints Supporters to whatever date is most convenient for the club. Cup Final day seems like the most obvious day for it, as it gives us a chance to lose our inhibitions by drinking in The Beehive or The Crown from 12.00 onwards. <p>So far as team selection for the big match is concerned, the EFM team will be as per it's strongest available team (these things are relative, though), but our equal opportunities policy dictates that everybody will spend an equal amount of time on the pitch. Good news for Saints is that Paul "Not So Much Two Left Feet As Two Crow's Feet" Jones will be absent, due to having a prior engagement in some Godforsaken village up north with his lovely bride-to-be. We would also wish to submit that "Do They Know It's Christmas" be played before the match, so that we can do our own version of the haka to it.

Trevor. Whilst the EFM match can be re-arranged, the FA Cup Final cannot, really.<p>Trevor. If the cup final is live up in the clubhouse, why would you go anywhere else to watch it? More to the point, why would you go anywhere else before a home league game? If there is a bbq and other such attractions, why would you go somewhere else that day?

I think we may be getting our wires crossed, somewhat, GHA (I had a dreadfully alcohol-soaked weekend and I think that this time I may well have permanently put part of my cerebral cortex beyond use - have you not noticed that my messages have become even more garbled than usual recently?). Should there be an open day at the Park, I and the rest of my babbies will be in full attendance (subject to banning orders). It makes no odds to me where I watch the Cup Final, seeing as how neither City, Wolves nor Partick Thistle will be appearing in it (frankly, there's a better chance of City or Partick getting to the Cup Final in the forseeable future, but that debate is for another day). <p>It's only fair to point out, however, that, at least for The Cuddliest Firm In The Ryman League, there's only one match that counts on May 4th, and it isn't the one being played in front on 72,500 people at the Millenium Stadium. <p>Talking of cups, we did briefly discuss reinstating the Billy Minter Trophy for this match, seeing as it's likely to become an annual fixture (what with "Team EFM" not being the 2 minute wonder that many thought it would be, and all that). Any idea of it's whereabouts? Surely not still gathering dust in the trophy cabinet in the Clubhouse? We could make our own, but it would probably obscene.

Trevor. Trev. Mr. England. Sir. Let me sum up this whole thread for you, to try and make it somewhat clearer.<p>

G_H_A's proposition<p>On Saturday, May the 4th, at 3.00pm, the FA Cup Final is taking place. The event will be staged at the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff. At 6.00pm on the same day, EFM are playing Saints Supporters, a match which will be played at Clarence Park.<p>I propose that the club has an 'Open Day' on May 4th. This would involve:<p>A bbq, starting at 12.00pm (for example). Free food and drink will be on offer. This will all take place in the close proximity of the boardroom. The clubhouse and boardroom will both be open. At the BBQ will be some of the players, most of the directors and as many managers as possible. If next season's shirt is not ready for display, perhaps preliminary designs could be viewed.<p>At 3.00pm, the FA Cup Final will be on, upstairs in the clubhouse. The bar will be open. Someone mentioned the possibility of hiring a big screen but he supports B. Wood so I don't take much notice of him. A Happy Hour could take place between 5.00pm and 6.00pm.<p>Then, at 6.00pm, EFM will take on the Saints Supporters in what is surely the biggest game of the season. Entrance is free (probably). G_H_A may well make his return to EFM in goal. A wealth of talent will be on display. This will be on the Clarence Park pitch, under floodlights.<p>

Have I made myself clear?

In that case, obviously count us all in. Not sure about your place in the team, though - it'll have to be verified by the gaffer, John "The Bigger The Better" Sherwood (see EFM website guestbook postings in passim for further clarification of the reason for this nickname).