Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kentish Town v Harpenden Town

As this evenings eagerly awaited fixture is the only one in the entire SSML, other than some Reserve games, I thought it would certainly warrant its own thread as there will no doubt be many talking points. I will kick off by posting our programme notes:

WEDNESDAY 20th FEBRUARY 2008 7.45pm Issue 13 of 2007/2008

KENTISH TOWN v HARPENDEN TOWN

(Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division 1)

Today, it is our great pleasure to welcome the players, officials and supporters of Harpenden Town to our home for the evening. The same sentiments are, of course, extended to Match Referee Mr Lindsay Szulc from Amersham and his two Assistants, Mr Dave Clement from Watford and Mr Ian Corner from Stevenage, whatever the outcome of the contest we hope that they enjoy their brief stay with us and have a safe journey home. Our players will not need reminding to respect Mr Szulc’s decisions at all times and make his job as easy as possible, any not doing so will be harshly dealt with by the Club and hit where it hurts, in their pockets.

Our last fixture here against Bedford Town Reserves resulted in a hard fought 3-2 victory after we were twice in arrears to a team who looked more than capable of taking all three points. In the end we were indebted to Paul Butler for his two goals from almost identical dead ball situations as well as to Dave Dawson with his headed strike sandwiched between the two free kicks. We then travelled to Stony Stratford Town for an old fashioned six pointer with us sitting proudly at the summit of division 1 and our opponents second, watched by our highest attendance this season of 72 at leafy Ostlers Lane. We went a goal behind on 26 minutes when in the ascendancy however Lee Scott equalised right on half time with a trademark strike that gave the bemused keeper no chance. With so much at stake it was perhaps unsurprising that the game ended in stalemate with Town travelling back down to London reasonably satisfied with a well earned point.

This evenings contest with our good friends Harpenden Town was scheduled for last Saturday however their Hertfordshire Senior Centenary Trophy Semi Final with Hoddesdon Town took precedence leaving Town’s players all dressed up with nowhere to go. Harpenden’s current league position is one of this season’s mysteries of Agatha Christie and Ruth Rendell proportions however they should not be underestimated under any circumstances with Town hoping to return to the summit of the table by 9.30 tonight. With basement Club Winslow United due to visit us on Saturday and Royston Town and Stony Stratford Town due to lock horns at Garden Walk we may well find ourselves putting a bit of daylight between us and our promotion rivals albeit having played more games.

Many thanks for coming to the Barnet Copthall Stadium and spending your evening with us, enjoy the game and may the best team win.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
As this evenings eagerly awaited fixture is the only one in the entire SSML, other than some Reserve games, I thought it would certainly warrant its own thread as there will no doubt be many talking points.

Herts FA - Charity Shield Colney Heath v Royston Town Quarter Final

Premier Division
Biggleswade Town v Aylesbury Vale

Division One
Kentish Town v Harpenden Town

ForestGump - Is the Pope Catholic, although having said that Lee Scott had a stinker by his standards and I think he was still tired from playing at the heady heights of Step 4 on Saturday. He could only manage a second half hat trick.

I see that an "anorak" (laugh) has posted on the another site:

Kentish Town 3 Harpenden Town 1

Spartan South Midlands League Division 1

Admission £4 including an attractive 56 page programme

Kentish Town were swamped with wide eyed groundhoppers from far flung places as Leeds, York, Wolverhampton and, wait for it, Oban in Scotland to name a few as it was the only game on within a radius of a good few miles other than the Emirates Stadium, it was somewhat of a party atmosphere as many new each other from their travels and the comments were very positive as Kentish Town believe strongly in going that extra mile and pressing the flesh of their guests.

The game itself sprang into life in no uncertain terms in the second half following a somewhat disappointing goalless first period. Kentish Town proceeded to go three points clear at the top of the table with a hat trick from the prolific Lee Scott who had a quiet game by his standards, Chris Jones netted for the visitors who looked far better than their second from bottom position suggested.

Football Man - I wondered where you were today, I was waiting to set my watch at 7.32 and now I'm late for work. You haven't said why you went to Colney Heath last night and didn't come to the Copthall Stadium, it would have been a heaven made opportunity for you to visit us.

Football Man - I think you know the full story as you have close connections at Wadham Lodge, it's a stones throw from where you live

Football Man - I note that you haven't posted the following from the another Forum, were you intending to:

Thanks to all at Kentish Town. As you imply, Rhodes, your club certainly came up trumps. Very welcoming with great food and VFM at £4 including programme. Don't drop that tome on your foot though; it will hurt.

Enjoyable game too, although a 0-0 scoreline would have been fun !!!

See you again soon.

I note that the following is on the Waltham Forest Website, I wonder where they got the brief report from:

Dual-Registerd Scott Nets Hattrick

Thursday 21 February 2008

After an impessive debut away at Edware Town for Forest at the weekend, the dual-registered Lee Scott found the back of the net no less than three times in Kentish Town's 3-1 win over Harpenden Town last night.

'The Kentish Town ground was swamped with wide eyed groundhoppers from far flung places as Leeds, York, Wolverhampton and, wait for it, Oban in Scotland to name a few as it was the only game on within a radius of a good few miles other than the Emirates Stadium, it was somewhat of a party atmosphere as many new each other from their travels and the comments were very positive as Kentish Town believe strongly in going that extra mile and pressing the flesh of their guests. The game itself sprang into life in no uncertain terms in the second half following a somewhat disappointing goalless first period. Kentish Town proceeded to go three points clear at the top of the table with a hat trick from the prolific Lee Scott who had a quiet game by his standards, Chris Jones netted for the visitors who looked far better than their second from bottom position suggested'.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I note that the following is on the Waltham Forest Website, I wonder where they got the brief report from:

Dual-Registerd Scott Nets Hattrick
Thursday 21 February 2008

After an impessive debut away at Edware Town for Forest at the weekend, the dual-registered Lee Scott found the back of the net no less than three times in Kentish Town's 3-1 win over Harpenden Town last night.
'The Kentish Town ground was swamped with wide eyed groundhoppers from far flung places as Leeds, York, Wolverhampton and, wait for it, Oban in Scotland to name a few as it was the only game on within a radius of a good few miles other than the Emirates Stadium, it was somewhat of a party atmosphere as many new each other from their travels and the comments were very positive as Kentish Town believe strongly in going that extra mile and pressing the flesh of their guests. The game itself sprang into life in no uncertain terms in the second half following a somewhat disappointing goalless first period. Kentish Town proceeded to go three points clear at the top of the table with a hat trick from the prolific Lee Scott who had a quiet game by his standards, Chris Jones netted for the visitors who looked far better than their second from bottom position suggested'.

Going by the amount of grammatical errors it was you.

Yes but I didn't go to a stuffy public school did I and was brought up in the real World, I went to a good old fashioned comprehensive, namely Highbury Grove School for Boys where it was survival of the fittest and not the cleverist