Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Goalkeepers

need to know

I have just been reading my local paper. Jim thinks that we have lost at least 10 points because of goalkeeping mistakes.

When JJ left my first thought was to get another keeper in but after seeing Charlie in his first 4 or 5 games I felt he was up to the task. He kept us in game on lots of occasions and then out the blue Jim drops him, along with Ozie, at Dartford for Andre. I don’t know why Jim did this; you think he would have learnt from the FA Cup with Richard.

I would like to have seen what would have happened if Charlie had stayed in goal. He’s a good keeper and has stay loyal to the club, he could have left when he was not playing but didn't.

But now you’re seeing that he isn’t just doing it with Charlie, look at the likes of Harvey being dropped and where has Tom Hodge gone?

Charlie should never have been dropped. He had kept us in many a game. I understand that Jim felt that he was not dominant enough in the baox and wasn't loud enough. Well, that is a coaching issue and should have been addressed. However, look further back to our last season in the ESL. Baldwin was arguably our best player that year but when we were promoted into the Southern League he became a bit part player.

Originally Posted By: need to know

But now you’re seeing that he isn’t just doing it with Charlie, look at the likes of Harvey being dropped and where has Tom Hodge gone?

Tom had a good enough game for the reserves last week. Personally, I hope he sticks it out for the rest of this season as he has a lot to offer. He also seems to have less disciplinary problems; a valuable commodity at the moment!