Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

If I was the manager......

top-signore

I was reading a lot of gossip about the possible resignation of the manager and the fact is that if he goes he may take players with him to wherever and so on, but are you guys (fans) happy with the players you currently have? who will you keep and what are the thoughts of the guys that like me turn up to watch the team play every week (for the last 3 months and only at home).

Originally Posted By: top-signore
I was reading a lot of gossip about the possible resignation of the manager and the fact is that if he goes he may take players with him to wherever and so on, but are you guys (fans) happy with the players you currently have? who will you keep and what are the thoughts of the guys that like me turn up to watch the team play every week (for the last 3 months and only at home).

Hey Top-Signore if you'd have attended a reserves game you'd know the youngsters could see the season out for us and apart from their age they are good quality footballers. If we lost at least you'd feel you had your money's worth.

The First team have been floundering throughout the whole of January and February (apart from 1 game a month, Edgware & Maldon and they were battles). There has been no settled first team the whole season, therefore there has been no understanding between the players. We are lost in a Forest of players.

If I was manager, I would appoint Mike Smee as my assistant, then resign immediately.

As another youth team parent, I have seen my son develop from a very average "plodder" into a decent County player, all in the space of 6 months.

He has worked almost miracles with the under 16's, turning them from a bunch of indisciplined thugs, to a cohesive, technically aware team that are a pleasure to watch. The discipline is exemplary, picking up a handful (i think its two) cards all season, a 750% decrease on last year.

In my opinion if he can turn a team of hormonal 16 year old ASBO candidates into near saints, then a team of mature intelligent adults certainly have hopes of redemption.

Obviously like all other postings on this forum it will fall on deaf ears, but we can only hope.

angel

To be fair, I didn't see too many mature intelligent adults on the pitch on Saturday ;-)

Seriously though, from what I've read on here, and from the on-field results it does sound like Mike is an excellent coach, and I applaud the fine work he's done at youth level for our club.

Originally Posted By: Barney
To be fair, I didn't see too many mature intelligent adults on the pitch on Saturday ;-)

Seriously though, from what I've read on here, and from the on-field results it does sound like Mike is an excellent coach, and I applaud the fine work he's done at youth level for our club.

In all fairness, he really is. I personally have seen my son improve immeasurably this season under Mike.

He has produced at Under 18 level 4 Middlesex, and a Befordshire County player, and in the 16's 4 Middlesex, 8 AFA, and 2 Hertfordshire County players. Virtually the whole under 16 squad are representing one county or another, and the ones that dont choose not to.

Not only are they technically excellent, they are also capable of stepping up a level.

Some of the 18s have already had first team experience, and there are more that could comfortably cope.

The 16s have players that have played in the FA youth cup, the Under 18s and the reserves, and really impressed.

The futures Bright, the futures SMEE

excited

I'd be more than happy to support Mike as coach, but would he want to manage? Don't forget, he tried that at London Colney earlier this season.

I suspect he's got more sense than to get caught up in the inevitable politics of management, that exists at every club. Unless of course you allow the supporters to pick the team, in which case you never have to take the blame for anything that happens!

hangedYour Quite wrong Mike Smee didn’t manage at London Colney he assisted for two games and wasn’t allowed to bring in any of his own players or change the current squad so he gave up the impossible task . As when ask to take the roll he was told something very different.

Any way Colney have had 3 managers this season and have won 2 games I believe that it would be unfair to judge anyone from a club that is failing to get things right in the board room and were the players dictate what happens with the club.