Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Will Grays pay?

The gamble is to lodge the money with a solicitor awaiting the outcome of a court case to determine the contract and its validity in the light of allegations of the player lying to get said contract.

The lodging of the money should satisfy The FA, but it seems it won't. If the case goes ahead and Grays win and have been suspended by The FA in the meantime, there could be an almighty case for The FA to answer. Knowing Mick Woodwood as I do, I suspect that the last thing he wants to do is give this player a penny, but advisors may persuade him otherwise.

That is how the FA have him over a barrel. He'd have gone to prison rather than pay it, but to have Grays suspended from all football kicks him right in the proverbials. Can he withstand the backlash of the fans if they've got no team to support?

The FA did reject him lodging monies with a solicitor until the outcome of his claim agaisnt the player.

As far as i know this hearing was only with the FA. I believe if it goes to court regarding Employment law the club will win.

Others will pay the monies so it doesnt have to leave Mr Woodwards pocket.