Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 9th April

I wouldn't bother pressing his flesh if I were you or introducing him to your Chairman as it won't be appreciated and he will throw it back in your face afterwards

Rhodes,

If you had bothered to read my original report you would have seen that, despite my criticisms of the game, I conclude by saying that "I will emphasise again that there is a genuinely friendly welcome at this club."

From your attitude on here, following a little criticism, it is you that is showing your true colours. Are you the friendly, welcoming, flesh-pressing individual I met on the night. Or are you, as is becoming more apparent as I read posts on this forum, a different beast altogether.

It is safe to say I know which I now think it is! I feel genuinely sorry, for Kentish Town's Chairman and players who have to endure your bizarre ramblings as a "spokesman" and "PR guru" for the club.

Originally Posted By: sjj2112
My apologies to everyone for resurrecting such an old thread but it has taken me a month to get an account set up on this forum that will allow me to post, and I wanted to ensure that my response to Rhodes' nonsense was in the public domain and not just in the private e-mail to him that he failed to acknowledge.
Firstly, you do not know me, you may have met me, but you certainly do not know me. Secondly, I never said I was from near Hounslow, but from near Heathrow, not a million miles different but it sets the tone for your post. Why let the facts get in the way.
I don't appreciate being referred to by the derogatory term of anorak. Most people recognise this for the demeaning insult that you no doubt intended it to be. It just so happens that I am a ground-hopper who prefers to travel to new grounds week in, week out. I notice that the official attendance for the match against Bedford was 19, at least 5 of whom were ground-hoppers, and I know that because we all sat together in the stand, so at a stroke you have insulted more than 25% of your crowd - way to make friends and influence people!
I may not have heard of Fans Focus when I spoke with you but it is quite a leap from that to assume that I wouldn't take a look once I knew of its existence. This leads to another display of arrogance/stupidity on your part to assume therefore that I wouldn't see something that you later posted about me. You were not "pressing the flesh" as soon as I entered the stadium, I introduced myself to you and I could quite easily have paid my entrance money and gone up to the stand without you ever knowing I was there. As for trying to give me the "night of my life" I think it is safe to say that a SSML Div 1 fixture at the Barnet Copthall Stadium was never going to achieve that!
My comments about the game were my opinion based on what I saw and I wasn't aware that by attending a Kentish Town fixture I had somehow agreed to acknowledge that it was the best game I ever saw, no matter what happened on the pitch. If I read it correctly then your goalkeeper, who I singled out for a mention, didn't seem to take too much offence at my pointing out the mistake he made. Firstly, it was a mistake and secondly as someone who has played in goal in the past I know that it can happen to anybody. He was right in that he was sent a couple of back passes that would have given any 'keeper a problem, and yes I do remember the little shoulder drop that took him past a couple of Bedford players - one of the moves of the night. I have almost certainly watched more games than you have this season, especially as in another posting I notice that you say that you didn't go to one of your beloved Kentish Town's away fixtures, at a variety of levels from the Champions League in Rome to Level 6. I take into account the level of the game I am watching when judging how good it is, and in my opinion this wasn't one of the best games I have seen this season. As you haven't attended all of the same games as me then there is no way that you can question that opinion. With hindsight I may have been a little harsh in my judgement by not taking in to account, fully, the state of the pitch, and I certainly acknowledge that the game improved in the second half, but it doesn't change the fact that IN MY OPINION it was one of the poorer games I have watched this season, alongside Aylesbury United v Margate in the FA Trophy and Wigan Athletic v West Ham United in the Premier League, as I said I take into account the level of football I am watching and allow accordingly.
I certainly stand by my comments regarding the programme which I won't repeat here, suffice to say that size isn't everything.........
Stephen Jackson
Stanwell (near Heathrow), Middlesex

Okay, lets analyse your post, sorry rant, in detail.
1. This would suggest that you are a vindictive person despite us trying our best to give you an enjoyable evening on 9 April.
2. Already discussed, what's the difference.
3. It is widely accepted that groundhoppers are known as anoraks and they don't appear to have a problem with that, other than you that is.
4. I can't believe that you hadn't heard of Fans Focus before we met, indeed it has been mentioned many times on another's Forum which you regularly frequent.
5. If I recall I did press your flesh as soon as you set foot inside the stadium and asked where you had travelled from whilst thanking you for coming to visit us, I then introduced you to the Chairman.
6. I wasn't expecting you to say it was another Brazil v England in Mexico 1970 or an Italy v West Germany from the same tournament but why go out of your way to look for fault.
7. You come across as somewhat childish where you say you have been to more games than me this season and refer to 'my beloved Kentish Town' as if to boast that you have more lego or dinky toys than me.
8. You seemed to go out of your way to criticise our programme from the outset and, once again, look for negatives as opposed to positives which indicates you have some sort of personality disorder.
In summary I really don't know why you had to come on and drag all of this up from a game a month ago, what was the point.

Okay, lets analyse your post, sorry rant, in detail.

1. This would suggest that you are a vindictive person despite us trying our best to give you an enjoyable evening on 9 April.

2. Already discussed, what's the difference.

3. It is widely accepted that groundhoppers are known as anoraks and they don't appear to have a problem with that, other than you that is.

4. I can't believe that you hadn't heard of Fans Focus before we met, indeed it has been mentioned many times on another's Forum which you regularly frequent.

5. If I recall I did press your flesh as soon as you set foot inside the stadium and asked where you had travelled from whilst thanking you for coming to visit us, I then introduced you to the Chairman.

6. I wasn't expecting you to say it was another Brazil v England in Mexico 1970 or an Italy v West Germany from the same tournament but why go out of your way to look for fault.

7. You come across as somewhat childish where you say you have been to more games than me this season and refer to 'my beloved Kentish Town' as if to boast that you have more lego or dinky toys than me.

8. You seemed to go out of your way to criticise our programme from the outset and, once again, look for negatives as opposed to positives which indicates you have some sort of personality disorder.

In summary I really don't know why you had to come on and drag all of this up from a game a month ago, what was the point.

theres eight for may QOM Football Man

1: It doesn't suggest I am a vindictive person at all. It merely shows that I wanted to ensure that I had right of reply to your comments. At no point have I said the evening wasn't enjoyable. I enjoy all of my visits to football grounds, I merely gave an opinion of what I saw on the field

2: For the third time - geographically there is very little difference, factually there is a very big difference. But then you tend not to deal in facts.

3: At no point in my groundhopping "life" have I ever before been referred to as an anorak. Nor have I heard anybody else be called this. Except by you.

4: It is just possible that I don't read and inwardly digest every posting on another's forum. It is also possible that I had read references to it, along with dozens of other forums, websites and blogs - I don't follow them all up.

5: I entered the stadium and then lurked (oo-er) just inside the entrance until you finished talking to somebody else, at which point I said "Are you Rhodes?" and the 'flesh-pressing' began. I don't deny you asked where I came from (which you then obviously proceeded to forget), nor that you introduced me to your Chairman.

6: I didn't go out of my way to find fault, I merely made a short posting giving my overall impressions of the game.

7: You can call this childish if you want - but then you have chosen your quote selectively. If you take something out of context you can make it mean anything you want. Most people tend to accept that somebody who has a wide experience of a subject is better placed to give an opinion on that subject.

8: I am grateful for any programme at a game I attend, I appreciate the effort that goes in to producing them. However, I would rather have a programme with reports from the last couple of games in it - that way you can get a feel for how the club is performing now. I am sure you played very well in pre-season, but what relevence has that got to the current form of the team, or indeed how many of the players are the same?

I notice that you finish off your point 8 with the last refuge of the beaten man - name calling. I would like to know what medical / psychiatric, training / qualifications you have to make a diagnosis like that based on what I have posted. If you make an assertion like that again then I will make a complaint to the moderators. I am as sane as the next man - unfortunately at this point in time the next man is you.

Finally, because you obviously haven't got the message yet, I am posting this now because (a) there was a long delay in being able to create an account and (B) because, if you post something about anybody they have a right to respond. As far as I am aware there is no time limit on when this response should be made. Had I only found out about your posting in 12 months time I would still have been able to post my rejoinder - that's the beauty of living in a country where you have the right of free speech.

Stephen Jackson

Originally Posted By: k33per No.1

I feel genuinely sorry, for Kentish Town's Chairman and players who have to endure your bizarre ramblings as a "spokesman" and "PR guru" for the club.

Why, Kentish Town are firmly on the World football map and have helped to bring recognition and publicity to the Molten SSML, has anybody heard of Sun Postal Sports or Amersham Town for example in Africa, Asia or Israel.