Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 9th April

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Oh dear, someone else who didn't appreciate the KT prog.
http://nlpl.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=82976#82976

I know the anorak who made that post won't see this as surprisingly he had never heard of Fans Focus, apparently he was from West London near Hounslow. I am mortified by his comments as we tried to give him the night of his life and I was pressing his flesh as soon as he set foot inside the stadium. It was the same with the guy who was at our game with Cranfield United and shows there is just no pleasing some people.

I think it was a good and bad report Rhodes...

I did have this down as the worst game I had seen this season but on the journey home the horrible spectre of Aylesbury United v Margate in the Trophy managed to escape from the dark recess of my mind where I had hidden it This was quite a close second though.

I have one other point to make regarding the programme that Mr Rhodes regularly lauds on this site. It is indeed an impressive 64 pages and included in the

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
The jury is still out on you, you seem genuine enough and appear to be building up an affinity with Kentish Town however your unwarranted criticism of Lee Scott is suspicious which indicates that you might just be a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Rhodes,you really are showing the ar5ehole side of you that gets peoples backs up.
I had a long chat with lee's brother after the game and he agreed with my 'criticism'.
Don't think i didn't pick up on some of your comments on Wed night.
If you really want to get involved in a war of words i will be happy to oblige. biggrin1
See you Mon or Wed devil

Keeper No1 - I'm not having a go as you seem to have the Club's best intentions at heart however without Lee's 28 goals this season in just 17 games where would we be and it's all so effortless, can you imagine if he put his mind to the game properly and came training on a regular basis. That's why I think your criticism is unwarranted.

Keeper No1 - I'm not having a go as you seem to have the Club's best intentions at heart however without Lee's 28 goals this season in just 17 games where would we be and it's all so effortless, can you imagine if he put his mind to the game properly and came training on a regular basis. That's why I think your criticism is unwarranted.

that was one of my comments doh

Anyway I'll be surprised if Lee's brother agreed with you or he might just have done to keep the peace but he thinks the sun shines out of him and wouldn't criticise Lee for love nor money, besides Lee's a far better player than his brother who plays in the Conference South.

Anyway I'll be surprised if Lee's brother agreed with you or he might just have done to keep the peace but he thinks the sun shines out of him and wouldn't criticise Lee for love nor money, besides Lee's a far better player than his brother who plays in the Conference South.

dont push it......or on mon/wed i'll make you look a bigger
fool than you already appear to be flame

Have you seen Lee's brother play then, if not how can you make a judgement

So you haven't seen him play then in other words. Lee and his brother were both on Arsenal's books already at the tender age of 9 and according to them Lee had it all even then whereas his brother was in the 'promising' category, they tell me that he could and should have gone all the way and it's criminal that he didn't, their words not mine.

So you haven't seen him play then in other words. Lee and his brother were both on Arsenal's books already at the tender age of 9 and according to them Lee had it all even then whereas his brother was in the 'promising' category, they tell me that he could and should have gone all the way and it's criminal that he didn't, their words not mine.

You are waffling again.
Which one ended up playing the higher level?
Give it a rest Rhodes and keep to what you do best - stapling repetetive programmes together biggrin1

• 3 weeks later...

My apologies to everyone for resurrecting such an old thread but it has taken me a month to get an account set up on this forum that will allow me to post, and I wanted to ensure that my response to Rhodes' nonsense was in the public domain and not just in the private e-mail to him that he failed to acknowledge.

Firstly, you do not know me, you may have met me, but you certainly do not know me. Secondly, I never said I was from near Hounslow, but from near Heathrow, not a million miles different but it sets the tone for your post. Why let the facts get in the way.

I don't appreciate being referred to by the derogatory term of anorak. Most people recognise this for the demeaning insult that you no doubt intended it to be. It just so happens that I am a ground-hopper who prefers to travel to new grounds week in, week out. I notice that the official attendance for the match against Bedford was 19, at least 5 of whom were ground-hoppers, and I know that because we all sat together in the stand, so at a stroke you have insulted more than 25% of your crowd - way to make friends and influence people!

I may not have heard of Fans Focus when I spoke with you but it is quite a leap from that to assume that I wouldn't take a look once I knew of its existence. This leads to another display of arrogance/stupidity on your part to assume therefore that I wouldn't see something that you later posted about me. You were not "pressing the flesh" as soon as I entered the stadium, I introduced myself to you and I could quite easily have paid my entrance money and gone up to the stand without you ever knowing I was there. As for trying to give me the "night of my life" I think it is safe to say that a SSML Div 1 fixture at the Barnet Copthall Stadium was never going to achieve that!

My comments about the game were my opinion based on what I saw and I wasn't aware that by attending a Kentish Town fixture I had somehow agreed to acknowledge that it was the best game I ever saw, no matter what happened on the pitch. If I read it correctly then your goalkeeper, who I singled out for a mention, didn't seem to take too much offence at my pointing out the mistake he made. Firstly, it was a mistake and secondly as someone who has played in goal in the past I know that it can happen to anybody. He was right in that he was sent a couple of back passes that would have given any 'keeper a problem, and yes I do remember the little shoulder drop that took him past a couple of Bedford players - one of the moves of the night. I have almost certainly watched more games than you have this season, especially as in another posting I notice that you say that you didn't go to one of your beloved Kentish Town's away fixtures, at a variety of levels from the Champions League in Rome to Level 6. I take into account the level of the game I am watching when judging how good it is, and in my opinion this wasn't one of the best games I have seen this season. As you haven't attended all of the same games as me then there is no way that you can question that opinion. With hindsight I may have been a little harsh in my judgement by not taking in to account, fully, the state of the pitch, and I certainly acknowledge that the game improved in the second half, but it doesn't change the fact that IN MY OPINION it was one of the poorer games I have watched this season, alongside Aylesbury United v Margate in the FA Trophy and Wigan Athletic v West Ham United in the Premier League, as I said I take into account the level of football I am watching and allow accordingly.

I certainly stand by my comments regarding the programme which I won't repeat here, suffice to say that size isn't everything.........

Stephen Jackson

Stanwell (near Heathrow), Middlesex

Thank you for taking the time & trouble sjj2112 to come on here and post that informative piece. And thanks for letting the rest of us in on the real facts of this matter and not just Rhodes bizarre imagination.

You are of course (irrespective of Rhodes childish name calling) most welcome to post on here anytime you like.

Wader - Yes but you're bound to say that aren't you, to be honest I find it a bit sad that Sjj2112 felt he had to come on here and post that rant about a game almost a month ago and the bit about Hounslow and Heathrow in particular sums him up, there can't be more than a mile between the two so I call that reasonably close.

....the bit about Hounslow and Heathrow in particular sums him up, there can't be more than a mile between the two so I call that reasonably close.

Try telling that to the pilot of an inbound 747

Originally Posted By: sjj2112
My comments about the game were my opinion based on what I saw and I wasn't aware that by attending a Kentish Town fixture I had somehow agreed to acknowledge that it was the best game I ever saw, no matter what happened on the pitch. If I read it correctly then your goalkeeper, who I singled out for a mention, didn't seem to take too much offence at my pointing out the mistake he made. Firstly, it was a mistake and secondly as someone who has played in goal in the past I know that it can happen to anybody. He was right in that he was sent a couple of back passes that would have given any 'keeper a problem, and yes I do remember the little shoulder drop that took him past a couple of Bedford players - one of the moves of the night.

SJ I have to say I did chuckle when I read your post about the 'famous' air shot - hey I missed it I know I did I was amazed that I didn't make the slightest bit of contact. As for the move of the night I do like to entertain the crowd with the little ability I have.

Don

Rhodes,

The reason, as I said, that the reply is so late is that when I first tried to register an account on your beloved FansFocus I received an error message. This was the day you posted your message. For the next 3 weeks when I tried to register I was told that my account already existed even though I couldn't access it. At the start of this week, after the software upgrade, I was finally able to register, but was then unable to post anything for the next few days.

I find it very interesting that you can respond publicly within a few hours yet have failed to respond to a personal e-mail nearly a month ago.

My distinction between Hounslow and Heathrow may well sum both of us, I like to get things correct, you don't care about the facts. I notice that you fail to address any of the other points that I raised........

From reading the posts on here for the last month I have begun to say a very definite pattern, no matter evidence is produced, on any subject, that proves something you have said is wrong you manage to never acknowledge it. I don't believe I have seen a post from saying that you made a mistake and that you apologise. Most people think better of those that can admit to their mistakes as opposed to buffoons like yourself who will keep on digging, no matter how deep the hole is that they are creating.