Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

BBC1 7.30pm tonight

HTFCew - I'll be watching Corrie at 7.30 tonight and Leane Battersby getting her collar felt as well as something else. Thanks anyway.

What has it got to do with the SSML though, I might have watched it last season and furthermore why show loyalty to Edgware Town after what they did to Gavin.

Yah boo sucks Rhodes, you misery! I have just watched the item and it was excellent viewing. Nice to see familiar faces, and was very well put together. Good luck to Edgware Town, who could be promoted to the Premier Division and never play a game in it!

Was Gavin featured or mentioned

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
What has it got to do with the SSML though, I might have watched it last season and furthermore why show loyalty to Edgware Town after what they did to Gavin.

If you had watched it you would have seen that it had lots to do with the SSML and indeed, non-league football in general. Whilst it highlighted the plight of Edgware Town it also raised the very important issue of the 'rape' of sporting facilities for development and the consequent loss of those facilities. The statistics relating to the number of non-league clubs lost to development over the last 20 years in London alone were also included. To suggest that by watching the programme was showing a loyalty to Edgware Town is a ridiculous thing to say. The BBC should be congratulated on producing, as Horace has said, an entertaining and well put together piece, that has highlighted the plight of football at the grass roots level. Only recently the sad situation of Holmer Green has been discussed on this forum, and although the threat there is different, the result is likely to be the same. There are many other clubs out there in a similarly parlous state. What this programme did was to explain to a wider audience beyond non-league football, the sorry state of the grass roots game using Edgware Town as a high profile example, but also saying that the problem was far more widespread. Congratulations to the producers for raising what is a very important issue relating to our game.

Septimus - I can see where you are coming from in your excellent post however you have missed the point entirely. If it would have been another Club featured on the Inside Out show tonight such as Ruislip Manor, Waltham Forest or Horsham for example then fair enough however I don't see why we should sympathise with Edgware Town for the way they treated Gavin who, if I recall, painted a black picture of the way the Club is run and stated that they deserve everything that is coming to them. You are right that the BBC should be congratulated on producing the show aimed at what grass roots football has to endure but why use Edgware as an example, that's my point.

Shut up Rhodes, or I'll change my signature back to what it was before!

Quote:

EDGWARE TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB

"As you are probably aware due to lack of funds Edgware Town Football Club have been unable to confirm that they have a ground secured for the coming season 2008-2009. For this reason they have had to resign from Ryman Division One North as well as the Middlesex & FA Cup Competitions.

The club will not be dissolved and will remain as a registered member of the Middlesex Football Association; Mr Batten will remain as Chairman of the Club."

This means that if funding can be found in the future or a ground can be secured the club will be able to continue under the name of Edgware Town Football Club

HTFCew - Not everyone will bother clicking into your link and this is very sad news, I wonder how Gavin feels about it.