Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Player Released

finisterre

It is defiantely a surprise to me, he always played reasonably well but then again we have people in the reserves that are just as good, i feel sam west could come and do a job if injuries occur so maybe its best to have marc off the wage bill seeing as he is now a back up for cole, heffer and duncan and we also have ketchel who can play centre half and left back.

I think blackwell will also be used from the reserves as our back up left back from the looks of saturday as he was on the bench.

Clarey didn't get the chance to play alongside Cole (or even Heffer for that matter) which was unfortunate, but for me he never really looked convincing despite having all the right physical attributes for the position. I agree that young players like West and Blackwell could provide cover on the bench if need be.

I don't think his "friends" helped him much either by coming on here and slating other defenders whilst bigging him up which seemed a bit at odds with other people's views. Nonetheless Marc helped us out and I hope he finds himself a new club soon wherever that might be.....

http://braintreeforum.proboards102.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1895

i am very schocked by this as i felt he is 1 of are best defenders and would have been great for us if given the chance to play next to cole or heffer. There are a few players who are no where near good enough for this level. The games he did play he done very well and the stats say it all. Its a shame they didnt let him get 100% fit before making there mind up.

Maybe they have been told that the contracted players must play and now few injuries have returned along with cole very soon.

no doubt he will find another club and good luck to him.

from the looks of below i would say yes:

Maldon Town 1 0 Northwood Saturday, 11 October 2008

Attendance 76

Goalscorer: J.West

Maldon Town 1 0 Leyton Tuesday, 28 October 2008

Attendance 55

Maldon Town 1 2 Waltham Abbey Saturday, 01 November 2008

Attendance 55

15/11/08

Behcet, Mitchell, Roles, Day, Sampson, A. Collins,Parmenter (Hubble), Johnson, West, Ingram(Liburd), J. Collins.

they are the only bits of evidence i can find to say he is still on loan there!

I rate Jack. I never thought his best position was in defence but on the few occassions he played up front for us he won all his headers, held the ball up well and provided a good link for his strike partner up front. Some have said that he doesn't give 100% and can be a little lazy at times but I never saw that when he was playing.

IMO, I think he is a good alternative to Burbs