Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Reserves 1 v Dover Ath Reserves 1 Floodlite Trophy

BlueGate Alan

Recommended Posts

Margate must feel a tad unlucky not to come away with a win when the referee added on 7 minutes of injury time despite there being no stoppages, which enabled Dover to equalise in the 96th minute.


Margate should have taken the lead in the first minute when Nathan Bailey made a run down the right, got to the byeline, and his cross found Joe Taylor in the area who volleyed over from close range. They then had a sustained period of pressure forcing numerous corners, however the Dover defence stood firm. In the 28th minute Luke Coleman took a free kick on the left which found Jackson Ohakam who hit a firece shot but saw it blocked. Dover's first real attack came in the 32nd minute when Scott Punton hit a fierce free kick which Marc Beresford tipped over the bar.


A minute later, Joe Taylor played a lovely through ball to Bailey on the left side of the area, who hit a good shot but saw the Dover keeper get his hands to it and it fell just wide of the right post. Elliott Payne had the last chance of the half when he hit a shot on the left which fizzed just past the right post.


Dover came out with a bit more purpose in the second half and a cross found the head of their No 7 but Beresford was qual to the task and pushed the ball around the post. Aaron Quain went on a run in the 60th minute and his cross found Coleman who fired over the bar. Beresford then kept his side in the game when he first made a great save fron the Dover No 9 and the same player following up the rebound saw it blocked superbly by Marc again.


Chris Lewis went on a mazy run on the right in the 73rd minute, got to the byeline and found Coleman but he hit his shot straight at the keeper. Payne then hit another well struck shot but saw the keeper save it at the base of the right post.


Six minutes from the end of normal time Coleman put over a cross on the right which fell to Nathan Bailey who gratefully buried the ball into the net. This seemed to galvanise him into action more and he hit another swerving shot which the keeper did well to hold.


However with many looking at their watches wondering where all the injury time had come from, Dover won a free kick in a central position. Scott Punton stepped up to take it and from fully 30 yards the ball flew into the net giving Beresford no chance.


Team: Beresford, Morris, Quain, Treadwell, Payne, Ohakham (Axon 70th), Haverson (Lewis 62nd), Harker, Taylor (Cliff 70th), Bailey, Coleman.


Formation 3-5-2 Att:44

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...