Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
John Pearce

Next season - strength of squad

Here we go again!

I know the club is not the richest, and money is tight, but the current situation already has a familiar ring to it.

Players leaving for clubs that appear to be able to pay the wages that we can't, this despite having far lower weekly attendances (ie. Farnborough Town), and 'The Fleet' once again having to rely on signing players from clubs lower in the pyramid.

Another season struggling to maintain our position in the Conference seems to be the best we can look forward to for the coming season.

No wonder we are already favourites to be relegated!

Its still early...season hasnt been finished that long so lets hope and pray we get some signings in that will lift the fans..Im always pessimistic but i do agree that i think we will struggle next season if we dont get the right calibre of player in.

You seem a tad pessimistic, if I may say so.

At the moment, we have only lost one player to another club, and that wasn't because of the money. Of course there may be others, but there is no reason to assume that they can't be replaced.

From what I have read Robin Trott is a more than adequate replacement for Nick Burton, so at the moment we are no worse off than we were at the end of the season.

Let's wait and see before we write the season off eh?

I agree it's too early to be getting particularly worried about the state of the team, but at the same time we don't really have anything else to talk about, so people are bound to start focusing on the negatives eventually.

We should all start fully focusing on the supporters trust!