Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Management Duo Leave Amersham Town

Will you still be involved Doog?

Wonder what the odds are on a certain ex Amersham manager returning to the role?

No I won't Lato. Certain people there are happy to run a club that finishes in the bottom 3 year after year - despite the Premier Division facilities.

And the certain ex manager you are referring to would not be considered "local" enough!! - and knows far too much about non league football to be considered by the current Chairman anyway....

Amersham Town always seem to shoot themselves in the foot for one reason or another despite the wonderful facilities they have now in idylic surroundings.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Amersham Town always seem to shoot themselves in the foot for one reason or another despite the wonderful facilities they have now in idylic surroundings.

spot on Rhodes.

Bosman - they were not 100% pushed no - but they havent got anything officially sorted yet as far as i am aware....

Originally Posted By: The Doog is King

spot on Rhodes

Well that's a first, what has come over you.
I was at Amersham on 18 April and they are a wonderful Club with arguably the most idylic ground in the SSML, as you say they should be in the Premier Division challenging for Step 4 every season but never seem to realise their full potential for one reason or another.

The Doog is King - I take it you have seen these two links of Spratley's Meadow, the ground and its surroundings make the Garden of Eden seem like a rubbish tip in comparison but on the playing side of things the Club tends to let itself down and fall short of the mark:

http://hoppysnaps.blogspot.com/2008/05/amersham-town-200708.html

http://pieandmushypeas.blogspot.com/2007/11/amersham-town-fc.html

The Doog is King - I take it you have seen these two links of Spratley's Meadow, the ground and its surroundings make the Garden of Eden seem like a rubbish tip in comparison but on the playing side of things the Club tends to let itself down and fall short of the mark:

http://hoppysnaps.blogspot.com/2008/05/amersham-town-200708.html

http://pieandmushypeas.blogspot.com/2007/11/amersham-town-fc.html

Have you actually been to the Garden of Eden then?

LATO - Well obviously not, it was before my time but I have seen pictures.

LATO - Well obviously not, it was before my time but I have seen pictures.

really.....photographs or paintings?

Well pictures in the bible for example and during religious education classes at School, surely you agree that Spratley's Meadow is an idylic setting for a football ground.

Well pictures in the bible for example and during religious education classes at School, surely you agree that Spratley's Meadow is an idylic setting for a football ground.

so effectively you are comparing a readily available photograph of a fenced off piece of marked grass in South Bucks with your long term memory of a picture of someone elses interpretation of a place that may or may not have existed.

LATO - Spratley's Meadow is far more than just 'a fenced off piece of marked grass in South Buckinghamshire' and what about the surrounding area and Amersham itself far from the madding crowd despite being just twenty minutes on the tube from Central London.

Amersham itself far from the madding crowd despite being just twenty minutes on the tube from Central London.

you picked the wrong person to talk total BS about train times to. Amersham is a minimum of 40 minutes by tube from Baker Street and then another 10-20 minutes to Central London which for point of reference should really be CHaring Cross of course making your "twenty minutes" an hour. Even a Chiltern Line train to Marylebone would only save 10-15 minutes making even that twice as long as you say.

LATO - Well it certainly seemed a lot quicker than forty minutes when I visited Spratley's Meadow on 18 April, I remember mentioning to the three kids I had with me, when we changed tubes at leafy Moor Park, how quick the journey had been and what an incredibly efficient service it was.

LATO - Well it certainly seemed a lot quicker than forty minutes when I visited Spratley's Meadow on 18 April, I remember mentioning to the three kids I had with me, when we changed tubes at leafy Moor Park, how quick the journey had been and what an incredibly efficient service it was.

I bet they said "time passes really quickly when you're having fun, dad!"

LATO - Okay here we go, here is a Youtube clip depicting the Garden of Eden in all its glory with appearances from fig leafed garbed Adam and Eve however I still maintain that Spratley's Meadow is far more idylic: