Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Management Team at AFC Hayes

Nice or nasty I think you are right its going to be tough. Although the Ryman and British Gas leagues are supposed to be equivalent I don't think there is any comparison when it comes to committment over the course of a season in relation to the travelling involved. It seems unless a Club is operating with a decent budget it becomes increasingly difficult logistically to function effectively at such a level. I notice Berkhamsted Town will begin Season 09/10 in SSML Division 2. Quite a fall from grace. Would it have been as rapid a fall from the Ryman League ? I doubt it. Obviously I am sure everyone wishes the new management well, I just wonder if the facilities to compete at this level are in place at the club and if they aren't can the new management provide them. Is it a case of right job wrong time. If it is a poisoned chalice I'm surprised that the new boys haven't been cute enough to spot it and give it a wide berth. That not being the case I'm sure that if they are given the support they need from everyone at the Club they will prove to be successful and a good advert for the quality of the Spartan South Midlands League. I do feel however that Messrs Newing and Deanus have given themselves a better chance of success by opting for the Ryman league challenge at Enfield. Cute ? Only time will tell.