Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Quick reply box

Because I use a mobile phone for access, this upgrade is a vast improvement because you don't have to scroll through yards of links to birdwatching etc., before you get to your relevant content.

One small point however, the 'quick reply' box comes pre-loaded with a tip about clicking and loading the editor, which I have to delete before starting my post. On a mobile this is quite fiddly and makes the quick reply anything but quick. Any solutions please?

It should vanish as soon as you put the cursor into the box.

It does when I view via mobile, but I am using an Android phone.

Which phone / software / browser are you using and I can make an enquiry on your behalf.

Nokia 5800 XM with Opera Mini 4.2. It doesn't vanish, you have to delete it manually. However, following your reply I have tested it on the phone's native browser and sure enough, the text vanishes.

The trouble is, the built-in browser is clunky and awkward and doesn't have compression, making it a real pain for using the forum. Anything to help would be appreciated.

Regards, Chris

Thanks for the info.

I have reported this to the software company and logged in in their tracker.

If I have any other solution or fix I will advise.

BTW - are the editor icons appearing (bold, italics etc.) when you click in the fast reply box?

Well hey presto Ian. I went to answer your question and the quick reply field was empty!

The styles/fonts/sizes buttons remain, but nothing between them and text, which is great because the simpler the better on a mobile.

So problem solved I presume, and in double quick time. Well done!