Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

TOP 5 'ON YER WAY SON BUT DONT DO IT AGAIN..'ers

Unlikely, Zealster.

As you have raised the subject, a small point occurred to me concerning the issue of the invasion.

It may have escaped your notice but there has been a little local difficulty in Parliament over the past couple of weeks concerning whether or not Tone and Campbell slightly exaggerated the Weapons of Mass Distraction issue as the reason for invading Iraq. Dodgy dossiers. Highlighting words and phrases in a successful effort to generate the overwhelming support of 30% of the population to go in there and bomb the buzzard.

Outrageous, if true.

It struck me that, however misguided or even [allegedly] mislead, there were people who truly believed that Saddam had Weapons of Mass Destruction that constituted a threat to this country immediately prior to the invasion. It is, of course, right to establish whether they were mislead.

However, I find it interesting that there has been virtual silence on the first principles. The U.N. Weapons Inspectors were in Iraq at the time. Saddam was co-operating. There was no Second Resolution. The Secretary General of the U.N. declared that any invasion without a Second Resolution would be contrary to the Charter.

I find that strange. What's your view, CZ ?