Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  

Site Software Upgrade

Hi,<p>I hope that the New Year has started well for you.<p>I have been aware over the last week or so, that the speed of the boards has decreased, and the odd problem has also crept in.<p>As a result of this, it is necessary for me to re-load the software, I was hoping to wait until the new version can out later this month, but this now looks like it will be delayed until next month, so I have decided to go ahead and re-load the current version (With a few slight amendments).<p>This hopefully will speed things up - however it will come at in initial price....<p>All of the extras like, polls, avatars, chat, stats, Who's Online etc., will initially not be available - I will reload these one by one over the next day or so. Who's Online though will probably not return until the new version - this is due to technical reasons, with an accelerator that I will be introducing.<p>I will start the re-load almost immediately - the time is currently 23:18 on Tuesday 15th - there is no good time now, as we seem to have visitors almost 24 hours a day, so someone will be inconvenienced.<p>I expect the downtime to be around 30 minutes, the avatars will be added first, and then the other bits.<p>Sorry for any inconvenience, but I am sure that you will agree that speed is important.<p>Once I have re-loaded the software, please feel free to email me, and tell me how you now find the speed - if you suddenly discover any problems please let me know as well - often you will spot them before me ;-)<p>Thank you for your patience...<p>See you the other side of the re-load.....<p>I will update this thread with a list of the features, and when they should be back online.<p>15/1 23:20 Board will be going down in 5 minutes!!

16/10 01:45 The board is back up - sorry for the delay, I had a problem with the calendar hack and the birthdays. As a result I have had to delete the birthdays from each profile. Please feel free to re-add the birthday to your profile.<p>The avatars are also showing again.<p>Please reply to this thread if you discover any problems, apart from Who's Online, Stats, Polls, Chat. The Instant Graemlins may appear a bit odd as well for a short time.