Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Epsom to Bedfont sponsored walk

Just to add to the general colour of your knowledge of whats going on next weekend I thought I'd tell you about this event I'm taking part in. As some of you know I work for local learning disability charity Mid-Surrey Mencap as fundraiser ,club leader and childrens playscheme manager . We need to raise money this year for our Playscheme ,minibus and headquarters hall maintenance. A bunch of our volunteers wanted to do a sponsored walk and bless them they've agreed to go where I was going anyway. We leave Epsom at 10.00 and hope to get to Bedfont by 2.00.

If any of you are going up the A 312 next Saturday give us a bib of support . We'll have sashes on . Better still if anyone did feel moved into sponsoring me go to the just giving website and put my name Stephen Dyke in Sponsor a friend and a message of support can be left which might help as I limp around the back end of Feltham .

Just to add to the general colour of your knowledge of whats going on next weekend I thought I'd tell you about this event I'm taking part in. As some of you know I work for local learning disability charity Mid-Surrey Mencap as fundraiser ,club leader and childrens playscheme manager . We need to raise money this year for our Playscheme ,minibus and headquarters hall maintenance. A bunch of our volunteers wanted to do a sponsored walk and bless them they've agreed to go where I was going anyway. We leave Epsom at 10.00 and hope to get to Bedfont by 2.00.

If any of you are going up the A 312 next Saturday give us a bib of support . We'll have sashes on . Better still if anyone did feel moved into sponsoring me go to the just giving website and put my name Stephen Dyke in Sponsor a friend and a message of support can be left which might help as I limp around the back end of Feltham .

Just getting up to get ready to go on the long march. Thanks to those who've made donations we look like raising nearly £ 2500 today, which is great. The one cloud on the horizon is the wet weather and my mates texted me last night to say hope it's on.... We've got to do it now anyway ... Anyone got any idea on how the Bedfont pitch is or general conditions I know Mewcenary was next door on Thursday night.

If anyone is wanting to donate you can use just giving and put my name Stephen Dyke in sponsor a friend.Thanks again to all and I hope to see a game this afternoon when we get there. Bibs of support also welcome from anyone passing.

Any newes on the Bedfont game ? my first choice game today! + any newes on Bedfont Sports, CB or Hanworth Villa ?

Many Thanxs ;-)

We did it ! In a total of 4 hours 40 mins - 1 of our party needed support car assistance and a quick Starbucks at Hampton . Firstly a big thank you to everyone at Bedfont FC who were top quality providing the walkers with sandwiches and a reserved table on arrival and let us collect in the clubhouse.

This became a better offer than we bargained for when I got a message from a mate that Bedfont FC was the strilke headquarters for the cabin crew so when we got there there were hundreds and hundreds of people there on an all day session . Sadly only the usual stalwarts went into the game ,We might have to tip Bedfont for promotion next year if the strike carries on much longer..

The game was a good one and I'll comment on that in another thread suffice to say on a rare occasion I missed the start of the game because of fundraising in the clubhouse and my mate phoned me saying where the hell are you we're 1-0 up. I said I wouild never be one of those people who stayed in the clubhouse and didn't watch the game .

Once again thanks to all who donated , walked and supported us in any way especially the people at Bedfont. We have a chance of coming close to raising £ 3000 which makes a huge difference to our small charity, every penny will go on direct sevices for disabled children and adults . If anyone still wants to donate the just giving site will be up for 3 months .