Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SOOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATED

The roller coaster ride at Coulsdon has been amazing this week. On thursday we battled our hearts out to finally clinch that first win of the season, yesterday we battled again and were very unlucky not to get something out of our game with farnham going down narrowly 2-1, but after picking up two injuries on thursday and three more yesterday we're left with only six fit players, and as a result have had to concede our game with mole valley tomorrow. Gutted for everyone at the club, we've turned up with a bare eleven several times lately but we've finally succumbed to a lengthening injury list and unfortunately with only two days between the games there was not enough recovery time. I'm sure we will get a side out for next saturdays trip to Feltham and we will pray that it isn't our last game in the CCL, because everythings in place for major improvement next season. Fingers Crossed. Many Thanks to all of you on here for your encouraging comments and support and if anyones at a loose end next saturday, pop along to the orchard and I'll gladly buy the beers. Thanks from Bob, Dot, Terry and myself :signthankspin: :rockon:

Edited by spy

The roller coaster ride at Coulsdon has been amazing this week. On thursday we battled our hearts out to finally clinch that first win of the season, yesterday we battled again and were very unlucky not to get something out of our game with farnham going down narrowly 2-1, but after picking up two injuries on thursday and three more yesterday we're left with only six fit players, and as a result have had to concede our game with mole valley tomorrow. Gutted for everyone at the club, we've turned up with a bare eleven several times lately but we've finally succumbed to a lengthening injury list and unfortunately with only two days between the games there was not enough recovery time. I'm sure we will get a side out for next saturdays trip to Feltham and we will pray that it isn't our last game in the CCL, because everythings in place for major improvement next season. Fingers Crossed. Many Thanks to all of you on here for your encouraging comments and support and if anyones at a loose end next saturday, pop along to the orchard and I'll gladly buy the beers. Thanks from Bob, Dot, Terry and myself signthankspin.gif rockon.gif

Wow sorry to hear that, havent been notified yet but i guess this means i can go out on the lash tonite. Thanx mate. Good luck against Feltham next week. beer.gif

Chobham have the same problem. We are all in the same boat with injuries, suspensions and the fatigue of so many games so I have sympathy will both clubs. We have players who have played 10 games in the last 17 days..... Oh to be so young and fit! Hopefully the league will lend an understanding ear when punishing these sides and perhaps look to extend the season the next time there is a bad winter. I understand there is provision for this in the rulebook.

Chobham have the same problem. We are all in the same boat with injuries, suspensions and the fatigue of so many games so I have sympathy will both clubs. We have players who have played 10 games in the last 17 days..... Oh to be so young and fit! Hopefully the league will lend an understanding ear when punishing these sides and perhaps look to extend the season the next time there is a bad winter. I understand there is provision for this in the rulebook.

Totally agree. Anyone who knows me from my days at warlingham, merstham and bookham, knows i do things properly. We genuinely had only 6 fit players available. We played with two injured players on sat, one had to come off at half time so i stuck the other one on, he received a further knock and couldnt, recover for today. We could have done what sides have done in the past and invented an excuse. We could have taken that injured player with us, started with 7 and then have him go down injured within 5 minutes and the game would have to be abandoned, then our fine would have just been £50 for a short team, so I hope that the league take this into consideration when they do legislate, because then MVSCR would have had to pay out all their usual match day expenses for nothing, we have saved them that at least. I was still texting and calling players until 11pm last night, we don't pay wages/expenses like several clubs in the division, how can we force them to turn out and play? If anyone can tell me I'd appreciate it.