Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

love this time of year!

Have any Club's had their presentation nights as yet, if so it would be nice to hear how they went and what sort of venues were used if not the ground itself, I know Haringey Borough use the Labour Club in Wood Green High Road for their presentation rather than Coles Park

Have any Club's had their presentation nights as yet, if so it would be nice to hear how they went and what sort of venues were used if not the ground itself, I know Haringey Borough use the Labour Club in Wood Green High Road for their presentation rather than Coles Park

Got ours next Tuesday in a very 'posh' restaurant.............More trophies for the cabinet. smile.gif

Tik Tok Manor held theirs at the prestigious, 5 star, oh so posh.......phone box on the High Street, room was a plenty as they were also able to invite their entire watching public for the season, yes all 4 of them.

They were originally gonna use the Viking Sports Ground with a big marquee in the middle, all was going well until they tried to peg the marquee in and had trouble getting the pegs through the concrete, alsothe tickets said from 7pm til 12 but like all things at the Viking Sports Ground there was rumour it would finish very early.

signthankspin.gif

I note that AFC Dunstable are holding their end of season presentation on Saturday. I have to say that I'm surprised the Club are charging a somewhat pricey £5 a head and £2 for Under 16's as I believe they have teams from Under 7's to Senior level so they won't know what to do with the money they make from the event:

PRESENTATION 2010

SATURDAY 5TH JUNE 2010

STANBRIDGE & TILSWORTH VILLAGE HALL

TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE

AND PRICES HELD AS LAST SEASON

ADULTS £5.00 EACH

UNDER 16'S £2.00 EACH

• 2 weeks later...

I note that AFC Dunstable are holding their end of season presentation on Saturday. I have to say that I'm surprised the Club are charging a somewhat pricey £5 a head and £2 for Under 16's as I believe they have teams from Under 7's to Senior level so they won't know what to do with the money they make from the event:

That is a very 'head in the sand' comment, Mr Rhodes.

Clubs are always looking for ways to attract revenue that can be re invested into the club for the benefit of players, supporters and ground facilities.

Hope they used some of the profit to buy some BIG award trophies!

Trophy Collector - I can see where you are coming from however why should the beleaguered parents of players and youngsters involved with the AFC Dunstable

constantly have to put their hands in their pockets, the presentation 'fee' is in addition to the hundreds of pounds they have already forked out throughout the season on membership, kit and ferrying their children to matches come rain or shine. The evening should be free as a sincere thank you for all their efforts and hard work, if there is a bar at the Stanbridge & Tilsworth Village Hall then money can surely be made that way, I'll be interested to know whether the respective £5 and £2 fees include food on the night.

Trophy Collector - I can see where you are coming from however why should the beleaguered parents of players and youngsters involved with the AFC Dunstable

constantly have to put their hands in their pockets, the presentation 'fee' is in addition to the hundreds of pounds they have already forked out throughout the season on membership, kit and ferrying their children to matches come rain or shine. The evening should be free as a sincere thank you for all their efforts and hard work, if there is a bar at the Stanbridge & Tilsworth Village Hall then money can surely be made that way, I'll be interested to know whether the respective £5 and £2 fees include food on the night.

Very possibly because it's THEIR club and they wish to support it as much as they can rather than look for the negative side of everything in life in order to find that attention some people so obviously crave.

Boswell - So AFC Dunstable is your Club then and you would know that for a fact

What is the reason for your fascination with clubs finances?coffee%20(2).gif

Keeps - I'm just interested that's all, it's not a fascination. What's your fascination in interferring in other people's lives.

Boswell - So AFC Dunstable is your Club then and you would know that for a fact

no - not my club, and as for facts....well, you are the expert on twisting them.

I just think it's very remiss of anybody not involved to make disparaging remarks without any basis what so ever.