Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

WORLD CUP THOUGHTS

AS THE WORLD CUP IS UNDER A WEEK AWAY, I THOUGHT I'D START UP THIS THREAD ABOUT WHAT YOUR VARIOUS VIEWS ON WORLD CUP TOPICS.

i WILL START WITH 2:

A. AN OBVIOUS ONE - DO YOU THINK ENGLAND WILL LIFT THE CUP IN A MONTHS TIME ?

PERSONALLY, I'D LIKE TO SEE IT BUT I THINK THERE ARE JUST AS STRONG TEAMS AS ENGLAND THIS TIME ROUND SUCH AS : SPAIN, HOLLAND, BRAZIL AND ITALY PLUS THERE'S ALWAYS AN OUTSIDER TO SHAKE THINGS UP AND SEE ENGLAND OFF. IF YOU'RE A BETTING MAN, I THINK THE ODDS OF 10-1/ 11-1 FOR HOLLAND TO WIN ISN'T A BAD BET .......REMEMBER YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS !

B. DO YOU THINK RIO FERDINAND INJURY WILL JEOPARDISE ENGLANDS CHANCES OF WINNING THE WORLD CUP ?

FIRSTLY, BEING CAPTAIN AND POSSIBLY LIFTING UP THE WORLD CUP WOULD BE IN ANY BOYS DREAMS, IN THAT I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR HIM, BUT FOR PLAYING NO, INFACT I'M GLAD HE'S NOT PLAYING. . AGAINST MEXICO HE WAS AWEFUL, MANY TIMES OUT OF POSITION, WITH JOHNSON HAVING TO COVER ROUND ALOT MORE THAN NORMALLY REQUIRED, THANK GOODNESS JOHNSON HAS A BIT OF PACE. RIO HASN'T BEEN PLAYING REGULAR, HAS LOOKED SLUGGISH AND OUT OF SORTS FOR MAN UTD SO BRINGING THAT TO HIS ENGLAND.FORM THE IN FORM CENTRE BACK WITHOUT QUESTION IS LEDLEY KING WHO HAS BEEN AWESOME FOR SPURS THIS SEASON, AND IN MY EYES DESERVES TO BE FIRST IN THE PECKING ORDER INSTEAD OF FERDINAND ANYWAY.

WELL GUYS, THERE'S MY VIEWS ON JUST 2 SUBJECTS.

SO IF YOU HAVE A SUBJECT YOU WISH TO COMMENT ON AND LISTEN TO WHAT OTHERS THINK, LETS GET GOING ON THIS THREAD AND CHEER ENGLAND ON TO THE END !

CHEERS

We're used to it Ian!

My thoughts on the world cup - a yawnfest. I'm not interested in that level of football.

I don't even know who plays for England these days. I always switch off when the Arsenal / Liverpool / Chelsea bores at work start discussing tactics and why a Premiership manager is wrong but a postie who's never been involved in football management at any level knows better.