Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Aylesbury Utd

How the once mighty Aylesbury Utd who once played QPR,BRISTOL CITY, OXFORD UTD in Pre-Seasons games now playing Bierton From ADL League so sad coffee%20(2).gif

Edited by efc

Yes that's right, who can forget the FA Cup tie at Loftus Road in 1995 and the Ducks infamous waddle across the hallowed turf afterwards::

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ype_k1QIjE[/media]

How the once mighty Aylesbury Utd who once played QPR,BRISTOL CITY, OXFORD UTD in Pre-Seasons games now playing Bierton From ADL League so sad coffee%20(2).gif

bit of a shock result even in a PSF Bierton 1 Aylesbury utd 0 Aylesbury missed a pen things not looking good for the Ducks might be a long hard season coffee%20(2).gif

Efc - There is a report from the game at Bierton on another's Forum, as you said how the mighty have fallen!:

Bierton 1 Aylesbury United 0

Friendly

This fixture intrigued me,with the home team playing in the Aylesbury & District League and Aylesbury United just relegated from the Southern League playing a team I'm sure they would never have imagined playing years ago.

Bierton play at Burcott Road in the centre of the village which has almost been swallowed up by the suburbs of Aylesbury.There is a decent sized dressing room complex which has a small overhang which was not required on a dry and blustery day.The pitch was roped off along both sides and most surprisingly a single sided team sheet with news about the home club was produced.

As for the game, Bierton,although second best for a fair part of the game managed to win thanks to Luke Norris's goal five minutes before the break. Aylesbury lacked the cutting edge to break down a very spirited home team. Attendance of approx 95 watched the game.

I see that Aylesbury United have re-signed highly rated Paul Edgeworth from Slough Town so they clearly mean business this season:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=68370

I see that Aylesbury United have re-signed highly rated Paul Edgeworth from Slough Town so they clearly mean business this season:

http://www.nonleague...=FULL&nid=68370

Had you ever heard of Paul Edgeworth before you read that article?

Horace - Well no I hadn't heard of him, why do you ask

http://www.nonleague...=FULL&nid=68370

Had you ever heard of Paul Edgeworth before you read that article?

Bet he don't last longer than 5 games and he will be back at Slough

Edited by efc

They seem to be looking at half the players in milton keynes the problem is most of them have only really played in division 1 i will still (put my neck on the line) lol and give them a top 10 finish !!

66cup i think they will be lucky to get a bottom 10th place its going to be a long hard season for a once proud club

There's a brief report from Aylesbury United's game at Kidlington last night, can it get any worse for the Ducks!:

Pre-season friendly

Kidlington 3 Aylesbury United 0

Entry: £2, no programme

Attendance: headcount of 75 (a dozen from AUFC)

A pleasant enough evening of gentle football in snoozily warm weather, the most dazzling thing on display was Aylesbury United's 'Stabilo-hi-lighter-pen' orange kit. Kiddie took their chances well on a baked and dusty field, while the Ducks neat midfield play was generally wasted by their anonymous front-line - looks like they've still plenty of pre-season work to put in before kick-off proper.

Pre-season friendly

'The Bucks Herald' is a good way to keep up with Aylesbury United's 'progress' however you have to wonder whether the Club will last out the season:

http://www.bucksherald.co.uk/sport/Ducks-still-struggling-for-take.6434957.jp

Pre-season friendly

'The Bucks Herald' is a good way to keep up with Aylesbury United's 'progress' however you have to wonder whether the Club will last out the season:

http://www.buckshera...take.6434957.jp

A win for the ducks a two nil win at Ampthill Town

• 3 weeks later...

The Bucks Herald is a good source of information on the Ducks who appear to have hit the ground running following their laughable pre-season:

http://www.buckshera...-off.6482788.jp

Aylesbury United produced a fine attacking display to beat Dunstable Town 5-2 on Wednesday night, despite playing the entire second half with 10 men.

John Mulholland got a straight red card shortly before half time and when Jonathon Barvett converted the resulting penalty to make it 3-2 the Ducks looked like they would be lucky to come away with the points.

But an inspired second half performance saw United extend their lead with goals from Ben Baines and Jack Wood.

Before the dismissal Aylesbury had cruised to a 3-0 lead thanks to a Paul Edgworth double and Lea Coulters calm finish but let Dunstable back in the game when they left Darrell Elliot unmarked to fire home.

The win was Aylesbury's first in the league this season and comes just days after their FA cup victory against Langford.

The Bucks Herald is a good source of information on the Ducks

cheesy%20(2).gif

No. No it's not.

More accurate: The Bucks Herald is a good source of mostly inaccurate or simply scandalised fictional information on the Ducks which has been poorly researched

Anyway, more important is that we're off and running now!

The Bucks Herald is a good source of information on the Ducks

cheesy%20(2).gif

No. No it's not.

More accurate: The Bucks Herald is a good source of mostly inaccurate or simply scandalised fictional information on the Ducks which has been poorly researched

Anyway, more important is that we're off and running now!

ITS because they back Stocklake now oops i mean Its Aylesbury FC this week we know what FC means Greenduck

• 3 weeks later...
They seem to be looking at half the players in milton keynes the problem is most of them have only really played in division 1 i will still (put my neck on the line) lol and give them a top 10 finish !!

I think they will be in the top 5 this season and yes thats also with the milton keynes lads .from what iv seen this season so far the milton keynes lads could be playing at a higher level.

COME ON YOU DUCKS

I think they will be in the top 5 this season and yes thats also with the milton keynes lads .from what iv seen this season so far the milton keynes lads could be playing at a higher level.

COME ON YOU DUCKS

Im afraid i have to disagree, after viewing two games and speaking to one or two of the aylesbury faithfull,maybe apart from lee coulter the milon keynes boys are struggling and would not cut it in a higher level at all. john mulholland has got off to a terrible start finding it very hard to find some form,will smith although having a fairy decent start is now slowly losing form and back to the player that struggled at bradwell, joey the big chap up front (not to sure how the last name is spelt) from what i hear isn't playing much and craig townsend shoulnt be playing in division 1 let alone the prem!

That's rubbish And u know it is . Garcia from ml can play at a higher level and so can 2 of the other ml lads

COME ON YOU DUCKS

Im afraid i have to disagree, after viewing two games and speaking to one or two of the aylesbury faithfull,maybe apart from lee coulter the milon keynes boys are struggling and would not cut it in a higher level at all. john mulholland has got off to a terrible start finding it very hard to find some form,will smith although having a fairy decent start is now slowly losing form and back to the player that struggled at bradwell, joey the big chap up front (not to sure how the last name is spelt) from what i hear isn't playing much and craig townsend shoulnt be playing in division 1 let alone the prem!

That's rubbish And u know it is . Garcia from ml can play at a higher level and so can 2 of the other ml lads

COME ON YOU DUCKS