Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Aylesbury Utd

They seem to be looking at half the players in milton keynes the problem is most of them have only really played in division 1 i will still (put my neck on the line) lol and give them a top 10 finish !!

I think they will be in the top 5 this season and yes thats also with the milton keynes lads .from what iv seen this season so far the milton keynes lads could be playing at a higher level.

COME ON YOU DUCKS

Im afraid i have to disagree, after viewing two games and speaking to one or two of the aylesbury faithfull,maybe apart from lee coulter the milon keynes boys are struggling and would not cut it in a higher level at all. john mulholland has got off to a terrible start finding it very hard to find some form,will smith although having a fairy decent start is now slowly losing form and back to the player that struggled at bradwell, joey the big chap up front (not to sure how the last name is spelt) from what i hear isn't playing much and craig townsend shoulnt be playing in division 1 let alone the prem!

Well just to let you know Mr Veteran centre back that Will Smith never struggled at New Bradwell but gave his all in every game he played and was an important member of the squad with the full backing and respect of his team mates and the Management

John Mulholland has now settled down and found form, is the first choice centre half and deservedly so

Craig Townsend has been outstanding so far since he won a spot in centre mid. and was MOM on Saturday and, when he played in Division 1 was again a big part of the relatively successful season we had.

Joey Achaempong, 'the big bloke up front' has been injured, started his first league on the bench Sat, came on and scored

You obviously know the game very well, better maybe than Glyn Creaser who made the decision to take Lea Coulter, John Mulholland, Craig Townsend, Will Smith, Joey and Micky O Farrell (currently recovering from a shoulder op) with him to Aylesbury And these players have all contributed to an unbeaten run of 5 League and 2 FA Cup games. Im not saying they can play any higher yet just that they are doing fine at the moment and are in not struggling in any shape or form. Ask the Aylesbury faithful again perhaps?

I think they will be in the top 5 this season

COME ON YOU DUCKS

I think the cream is slowly starting to rise to the top following the horrendus pre-season when some people judged the book by the cover, I think we have another massive fish this season swimming in a small pond similar to Oxford City in 2005/2006!

Pre-season friendly

Kidlington 3 Aylesbury United 0

Entry: £2, no programme

Attendance: headcount of 75 (a dozen from AUFC)

'The Bucks Herald' is a good way to keep up with Aylesbury United's 'progress' however you have to wonder whether the Club will last out the season:

http://www.buckshera...take.6434957.jp

Well Rhodes who said this then? Weather the club will last out the season?

I think the cream is slowly starting to rise to the top following the horrendus pre-season

DJM61 - I think everybody wondered whether the Club would last the season though didn't they following the 3-0 defeat to 'the mighty' Kidlington in July when I believe the Manager had to drag people kicking and screaming off the street to play. Lets put things into perspective, it wasn't so long ago that the Ducks were infamously waddling across the hallowed Loftus Road turf and now they are playing, with all due respect, at Holmer Green and St Margaretsbury, the Club are clearly a huge fish in a small pond this season and punching way beneath their weight.

I think the cream is slowly starting to rise to the top following the horrendus pre-season

DJM61 - I think everybody wondered whether the Club would last the season though didn't they following the 3-0 defeat to 'the mighty' Kidlington in July when I believe the Manager had to drag people kicking and screaming off the street to play. Lets put things into perspective, it wasn't so long ago that the Ducks were infamously waddling across the hallowed Loftus Road turf and now they are playing, with all due respect, at Holmer Green and St Margaretsbury, the Club are clearly a huge fish in a small pond this season and punching way beneath their weight.

They're actually a huge club with no pond of their own!

Yes that's right, who can forget the FA Cup tie at Loftus Road in 1995 and the Ducks infamous waddle across the hallowed turf afterwards::

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ype_k1QIjE[/media]

Horace - Maybe you should watch this clip again irrespective of whether Aylesbury United have their own ground or not, it will be like playing Man Utd and Chelsea for the likes of St Margaretsbury, Holmer Green and Kentish Town this season

Yes that's right, who can forget the FA Cup tie at Loftus Road in 1995 and the Ducks infamous waddle across the hallowed turf afterwards::

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ype_k1QIjE[/media]

Horace - Maybe you should watch this clip again irrespective of whether Aylesbury United have their own ground or not, it will be like playing Man Utd and Chelsea for the likes of St Margaretsbury, Holmer Green and Kentish Town this season

Oh no it won't! Don't be ridiculous (again). The Ducks are clinging on to the slippery slope by their fingernails as they slide inexorably downwards. Step 5 is a graveyard and will be until the FA get sensible about relegation out of the privileged Step 4.

Before people get excited about the FA Cup scoreline Brentwood Town 0 Aylesbury Ducks 4 being shown on Mitoo, NLN24 has been reporting the match on it's teleprinter and it's clear that it was 4-0 to Brentwood! I wonder if Brentwood thought that Man U had come town?

OOps - corrected Mitoo now.

Edited by Horace

• 8 months later...

I see that the Aylesbury United massive aren't too pleased about losing Lea Coulter and Glyn Creaser to Padbury United, I assume that's only on the proviso though they get Division 1 football next season:

http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,492.0.html

I see that the Aylesbury United massive aren't too pleased about losing Lea Coulter and Glyn Creaser to Padbury United, I assume that's only on the proviso though they get Division 1 football next season:

http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,492.0.html

Didn't realise Padbury were paying their players or is this just in Div 1

http://www.aylesbury...opic,492.0.html

Didn't realise Padbury were paying their players or is this just in Div 1

lea coulter did not play last season . what people dont realise is lea has always said he wants to play for me but only will if i get to div 1 same as alot of other players . aylesbury dont know me and lea have been friends for years he even played for me when i was with pbmk a north bucks out fit .

Rhodes, There is no wonder why people get on your back on here! You know nothing that can't be found on the web But think you know everything to do with football at this level! You would probably learn alot more if you actually left your bedroom! Everyone who knows anything about Padbury knows that Lee coulter has always been interested in playing and has played before. All the lads from Padbury know and get on with him, it was only ever about the level that Padbury was playing at or I'm sure he and some other players from a higher level would be joining craig. so I'm sure you will be seeing some signings soon that will make for some good gossip on here. Craig has normally got something up his sleeve.

Didn't realise Padbury were paying their players

Me neither or is it just travelling expenses which can't amount to very much

Rhodes, There is no wonder why people get on your back on here!

MK4 - So are you Tony Joyce or Gary Hawksworth by any chance