Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Clapton 0 Basildon United 0

League Cup 1st Leg,Clapton 0 Basildon 0- wonderful old club Clapton with a proud history but i do wish they would try to play better football,you cant knock their work rate but i cant recall when i last enjoyed a match there. good to see a groundhopper who i last saw at Wootton Blue Cross three weeks ago.

To be fair it's not the easiest pitch to get the ball down and play on… Also this was The Tons first clean sheet of the season off the back Saturday's 7-0 drubbing against witham so the no nonsense approach could of been expected. But this was fairly contested with both teams working hard to the end.

Just heard a Clapton view of game. Apparently, they came down to Bas Utd level. If this is right, is it the reason players are leaving Bas?

youre a sad pr ick arent you,basildon havent got a new number two and players arent leaving,grow a pair of testicles and come on here as yourself or just go away.

Just heard a Clapton view of game. Apparently, they came down to Bas Utd level. If this is right, is it the reason players are leaving Bas?

youre a sad pr ick arent you,basildon havent got a new number two and players arent leaving,grow a pair of testicles and come on here as yourself or just go away.

Sorry Bas, wasn't expecting a bite from you but according to assorted managers and assistants at Dullbridge (and your club I might add) that have posted on other forums/social networks Bowers are luring players away with exhorbitant payments. You'd think B&P are the non league Man City. I think these are the guys that need to grow up and move on

It certainly appears that way DRS although in the past he's been OK. Maybe I hit a nerve. Are they moving down the pyramid as a result of the forthcoming restructuring, the compulsory purchase order of the ground being enforced or for purely financial reasons?

I was told that due to the lack of interest in the team and the dimineshing standard of the ground they have no option. The only reason they want to stay is so the people in the know cusack/moran/mann get a lump sum each when they eventually sell it.

Football at Basildon is just an onconvenience the people running the club are just humouring the league while they wait for their pay day.

Shocking really.

That is why they didn't get a manager for football reasons, just sponsorship ones.

This is all hear'say by the way.

your ignorance on these matters is really quite startling-we have signed 49 players 5 have left 1 to Bowers,no plans to move to Olympian League we have step 5 ground grading,CPO? been in place 20 years we arent moving anywhere,if the CPO was enforced we get a new ground no one gets a cash payout-Thanks for your interest.

Basil-Don - why do it then? So much hassle ...without help the end result is obvious. What thanks do you get - 11 takers on a saturday no loyalty from them ..they find another club when it suits. Precisely the reason I gave it up after nearly 25 years!. Now I have my saturday's back. You are spot on though loads of talkers and those that promise but ultimately its left to the few. Being involved in a football club is tough work. I use to give it 100% 24/7 all year and I loved my club but eventually got to the point of having enough.I hope you get loads of help and try and improve the facilities and push on but I somehow doubt it!