Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cray Wanderers

Yellowbelly

Was anyone else disappointed with the performance last night. We looked a yard of the pace and spent a lot if time ball watching. I wonder if some of the players are carrying injuries or are short of fitness.

We made Cray look better than I suspect they are. We were lucky to come away with a point and they must be exetremely disappointed not to win. We keep saying that we are picking up points when we aren't playing well, but i wonder when we will start playing well consistantly.

Hopefully we can improve on Saturday, come on you YELLOWS

Once again we played very negative football, and never looked like we had a 'plan B'.

I really don't understand why we started the match with four strikers on the pitch - two of them playing on the wing - when we have a real winger on the bench?

Also, we've all been crying out for a new striker, and when we finally get a proven one on loan for a month, he doesn't get played?! Danny Heale looked desperate for a rest in the final 20 minutes, however he was forced to play on, ending the match in his own half because he couldn't get forward - I don't blame the player for that, he gives his all, but I do question why the management insist on doing this to him week after week? For the final third of the match, we only had one player in the opposition half - even when we had a throw on at the half-way line!

We're supposed to be a team pushing for promotion. If we keep playing so negatively, we'll fall into mid-table obscurity and under-achieve again.

I know people don't necessarily like my views (I was made aware of that last night) and think I'm wrong for being so public with them, but I support the team and do my bit, so am entitled to have a moan when the team performs as they did. It's just not fair on supporters who give their all for the club.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS.

Some fair comments there. I thought we was no where near our best last night, but i did think Cray played very well and looked a good side.

I couldn't agree that we setup to play negative, especially with Curran and Gordon (Wingers / Forwards) playing wide. For me things just did not click going forward and the game ended being a midfield battle. Rusty made 2 or 3 decent saves, as did there keeper from Hallett and Gonnella. I thought we defended very well, Sheehan and Easterford where solid. Hopefully see Rhodesey back Saturday, we do miss his quality going forward, and of course Dobbo

All in all a point gained against a good side who will be hard to beat at home in my view

COYY

Some fair comments there. I thought we was no where near our best last night, but i did think Cray played very well and looked a good side.

I couldn't agree that we setup to play negative, especially with Curran and Gordon (Wingers / Forwards) playing wide. For me things just did not click going forward and the game ended being a midfield battle. Rusty made 2 or 3 decent saves, as did there keeper from Hallett and Gonnella. I thought we defended very well, Sheehan and Easterford where solid. Hopefully see Rhodesey back Saturday, we do miss his quality going forward, and of course Dobbo

All in all a point gained against a good side who will be hard to beat at home in my view

COYY

I don't remember a point in the entire 90 minutes where we had more than 1 player in the oppositions box! (apart from the odd free-kick and corner). We may not have setup to play negative football, but having 4 strikers on the pitch, but only playing 1 up front is hardly a positive / attacking formation!

Once again we played very negative football, and never looked like we had a 'plan B'.

I really don't understand why we started the match with four strikers on the pitch - two of them playing on the wing - when we have a real winger on the bench?

Also, we've all been crying out for a new striker, and when we finally get a proven one on loan for a month, he doesn't get played?! Danny Heale looked desperate for a rest in the final 20 minutes, however he was forced to play on, ending the match in his own half because he couldn't get forward - I don't blame the player for that, he gives his all, but I do question why the management insist on doing this to him week after week? For the final third of the match, we only had one player in the opposition half - even when we had a throw on at the half-way line!

We're supposed to be a team pushing for promotion. If we keep playing so negatively, we'll fall into mid-table obscurity and under-achieve again.

I know people don't necessarily like my views (I was made aware of that last night) and think I'm wrong for being so public with them, but I support the team and do my bit, so am entitled to have a moan when the team performs as they did. It's just not fair on supporters who give their all for the club.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS.

I wasn't at the game last night, but I totally agree with this. Canvey can play well and they should for the fans great support! Hopefully Canvey start playing like they can, because I really do believe we belong up there! :) Up the GULLS! :D