Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 10/3/12

Ensign

Ensign res 3 Basildon 1 bas manager a disgrace to his team his club and to football to shout out don't shake there [****!!****] hands after game to his players totally in the wrong , some players ignored this even the ref walked off shaking his head at the knobhead , well done mate done herself proud considering all your players are youngsters

Ensign res 3 Basildon 1 bas manager a disgrace to his team his club and to football to shout out don't shake there [****!!****] hands after game to his players totally in the wrong , some players ignored this even the ref walked off shaking his head at the knobhead , well done mate done herself proud considering all your players are youngsters

Sorry about that mate, I'm a member of the committee and was with the first team at Chingford Atletic but I was told about it when I got back to the club. He was told by the Club Sec that that is not the Basildon Town way and he quickly apologised to everyone (Except you guys of course as you had gone by then).

Any idea what might have made him react that way as it is totally out of character for him?

Nice to hear that mate , cheers , the way them lads played Saturday you should be very proud of them mostly youngsters you guys got there , I thought they played very well . There was a couple of tackles in the game he mite of not liked but ref delt with them couple getting a yellow but tackles didn't warrant him saying that . We would have stayed for a drink like we always do but decided to clear off because of what happend , next time we shall share a drink ,

Al the best

Fair enough mate, I heard there were a few tasty challenges going in, maybe he was a bit upset given the age of some of the lads, average age around 17. It's possible the parent in him got the better of the manager in him.

All water under the bridge now. Good luck for the remainder of the season.

Weren't going to tell the team to pull out of tackles because of the other teams ages , weve played fair and hard all season , they more than put some in themselfs , but let's move on as you say , our season is coming to a close only 1 game left will prob finish 3rd (maybe) ruined our chances mid season which is gutting , but not bad for a new side put together this year

Weren't going to tell the team to pull out of tackles because of the other teams ages , weve played fair and hard all season , they more than put some in themselfs , but let's move on as you say , our season is coming to a close only 1 game left will prob finish 3rd (maybe) ruined our chances mid season which is gutting , but not bad for a new side put together this year

Absolutely agree, they're playing mens football now and they will have to get used to it, I'm just trying to rationaliise the manager's motives after the game, that's not the same as defending him.

I was at the reverse fixture earlier in the season, when Ensign won 3-0, it was a good game and I thought then that Ensign were a good side. Our Ressies are already relegated so just playing for pride and experience now. Last game away to Leigh Ramblers res on the 31st March, which is actually winable.

All the best.