Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wednesday Evening in the Capital League

With the U18s in action tonight in the Ryman Youth Cup Semi Finals v's Brentwood (0-2 loss i'm afraid) and Steve's squad dwindling a bit due to injuries and forthcoming suspension(s) the reserve team is somewhat decimated with the arrival of a National Conference reserve side pending.

However it's taken a days effort to of calling around contacts from some local clubs and also friends of the club to paper together a match day squad for what I regard, along with Ebbsfleet visit on monday, as elite visit's from senior non-league clubs.

so we need support on Wednesday and those donning the shirts will need lots of encouragement, here's hoping for a competitive encounter.

Edited by Enfield United

The result was somewhat an injustice to the efforts put in by our makeshift X1 against Braintree last night. However the result is not an issue as performances are far more important.

Approaching HT the scores were still level at 0-0 and we were looking comfortable. We ended up conceding a late goal in the half which Braintree had the better of but we still could have scored in the half ourselves.

The second half saw our goalkeeper (Charlie) substituted for not feeling well at HT and his replacement coming off (Adam McSweeey) with a suspected dislocated shoulder after all 3 subs were made. All 3 substitutuions were forced upon us due to injuries or sickness and with a scratch side v's Braintree you don't get any mercy or sympathy, neither did we want any.

We saw two fine performances from Right back Alex Forsey who will feature again and Tremayne Coley who made some very experienced and accomplished defenders look ordinary to poor when he weaved in and out of the bodies need I say it George Best style.

As for the club's reserve coach it was a pleasure to welcome a Conference National Reserve team which had already won, I was told the Ridgeons Saturday Reserve League with 6 games remaining. We can always find out about players in games like these rather than against the 1893's of this world.

We look forward to another elite reserve side at the QE on Monday when again a National Conference clubs reserve side visit in Ebbsfleet United. Good Stuff.