Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Players Wanted

Are you sure there was a budget over Kelvedon last year ? I watched 2-3 of there games and they seemed pretty average to me they didnt look like they had any players worth paying, there center forward looked ok but they always played the long ball so he was feeding off scraps .

They was a budget there last year there striker Danny dermitrou was on £80 quid, there goal keeper fenny was putting the dough in and I was told this by the manager of m&b as he lost his skipper to them he was on a bulls eye to play for them plus bonus if he won the league and that came from the player mouth!

Appropriate surname we have there Johnny. As a huge Kelvedon fan and local resident these accusations are not appreciated, the m&b could potentially be a little bitter at losing his captain? Just a thought!! Anyhow this was started to attract new players for the upcoming season not to receive bites from losers of the past.....Thanks

Touchy ant we! Not my fault all ur players up sticks and left when the money did shows u how much loyalty they had for the club, End of the day there was wages at ur club just like there used to be at ours and look what happened when it got pulled. (Div1 now for us) but for me I don't see the point in pumping money in to intermediate clubs for wages if they can't go anywhere seems a total waste of time and money

It will be very interesting to see how Kelvedon's management copes without a budget this season, if this rumour is true that players were getting paid over there. I heard only 2 players have left them so really shouldnt make a difference to there performance this year.I agree with you that i don't see the point of paying players at this level...

Lets all face facts we know players were being paid over there and it was more than two. Some would call it cheating at the level but there is nothing stopping them . Not sure what the motivation was other than ego ! Nevertheless, the club have one of the best chairman that I know in non- league football and he deserves the club to stay strong.The league will also benefit from a strong Kelvedon Hatch (as they would a strong Stortford Swifts) . I for one don't want Kelvedon to go into a nosedive but with all the mercenaries (I do not blame them for taking the money) gone they need to take the opportunity to rebuild the side and club with players who do not need paying to play for them. Lets not forget they have a strong reserve team and could be a surprise package They have a great pitch etc and for players at Olympian level surely Kelvedon would be more attractive than most other places.

Paying money to win the Essex Olympian League shows a lack of ambition by the paymaster. Look what happened at Writtle some years ago. They won almost everything, the paymaster up and left and they nosedived.

Paying players has been in that league for at least the last ten years so anyone thinking different is way of the mark. Football goes in cycles and its good to see different names at the top rather than the same old ones each year. This year will be close and but still tipping Frenford to win it ..

I am still very confident that the Hatch will finish in the top two this season as we have the last three years. We have the best reserves around and brought in an assistant manager with good pedigree and a nice shortlist drawn up for some excellent players looking to join the club.

Archived