Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How Teams are Shaping Up?

Spectator

Hi Everyone,

New poster to the Forum ( regular reader)

Just thought I'd get an opinion on what everyone thought on teams after the first couple of games?

I love Non League football and always have followed, Maldon, Burnham, Heybridge as they are local to my area and I try to get to as many fixtures as possible.

As the Essex Senior League started so early this year I've seen Burnham play Hullbridge and then against Southend Manor last night.

Personally I think Burnham are a couple short of being real title contenders, They have a good back line - in Grant, Ricky Stubbs, Matt Newman and Goalkeeper Jack Parr.

And have done well to keep hold of players like Brad Nobbs, Stuart Judd and Dan Cossington.

Hullbridge are vastly improved, they are quick young and athletic but I still feel they will be lucky to finish above mid table. - had two lads in midfield ( apologies I dont know their names) who i thought were powerful.

Finally What has happened to Southend Manor?

No Cutting edge at the game last night they controlled the game for the 1st 45 minutes - Jamie Salmon in midfield for the yellows had so much time on the ball but they were unable to test the Burnham keeper.

Burnham then took advantage and could have won 4/5 - 0 , amazing to think Manor got to the 4th rnd qualifying last term,

Enough of me now, anyone else have anything interesting to say about how the other ESL teams have started?

Thanks.

Spectator.

I was over watching the southend manor vs Burnham game and completely agreeing with you, Jamie Salmon had a lot of time in the first half and in big parts of the 2nd half too, used the ball well and looked the strongest player on the pitch (IMO) but there was no cutting edge in the final third for Southend manor.

I thought Burnham defended well and there back 4 looked very strong........Manor can only improve though

will interesting to see Squadron, Will try and get along to the reverse fixture and see if you are correct.

Heard a few whispers about Basildon being ok this year?

Huge contrast to recent seasons, is this correct if so why?

Will be interesting to see results after the weekend.

Does anyone thing there will be a pack of 4 that break away in a mini league.

I cant see past Great Wakering returning at the first time of asking unfortunatley.

• 2 weeks later...

I share your view on Great Wakering returning at the first time of asking too, although I have not seen them play in person this season all info and reports on them are very positive and their results early on show promise. I make them slight fav's with a small group of 4-5 chasing close and hard behind. Should be interesting.......

Archived