Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Runwell Hospital FC

Olyfan

Back in July Stop Whinging wrote regarding club representatives on the management committee

"I get the feeling that they quite happy to sit on the committee and represent their 'OWN' clubs rather than the member clubs"

I read on the leagues web site that one of the club reps has resigned because he did not agree with a decision made by the committee relating to his club.

This rather adds some credence to what Stop Whinging wrote.

The fixtures are currently a total shambles, new Fixture Sec is still finding his feet and is struggling with the Full-Time website.

Peter Godfrey will be a massive miss to the League. He was excellent (website management still is) bit abrupt on occasions but fair. Some clubs did not like him to say no when they wanted to take the pi$$!. I just hope the new fix sec is not too soft otherwise at the end of the season there will be carnage. Why should games be called off for the V Festival....and then some of the clubs are playing friendlies on the same day. Just move the kick offs ! This League has some great administrators but they are getting on in years I wonder where the next group are coming from!.

Back in July Stop Whinging wrote regarding club representatives on the management committee

"I get the feeling that they quite happy to sit on the committee and represent their 'OWN' clubs rather than the member clubs"

I read on the leagues web site that one of the club reps has resigned because he did not agree with a decision made by the committee relating to his club.

This rather adds some credence to what Stop Whinging wrote.

I'm really disappointed that this was put on the EOFL Website in the way it was.

Club Representative Resigns

Following a decision made at an Emergency Management Committee meeting that effected his club, Ian Nuding of Runwell Hospital has resigned as a Club Representative on the Management Committee after six seasons.

Ian resigned from the committee because he believed his club was wronged, this may sound self serving and supportive of SW's post, but who's to say he would not have made this stance if the reason for his resignation had been involving another EOFL club?

They acknowledge his 6 year service to the committee but there is no expression of gratitude for his contribution during that time.

Peter Godfrey, please reconsider your decision to stand down!!!!

Hookey, I was over wickford today to visit my daughter and on the way home popped in to catch a game at Runwell as the website said they had a reserve game against Gallywood. Only to find no game on. What I then learnt has made me stunned by the actions of the league commitee. I m told that the height of the goal at one end is 2 inches too short due to a mound of pitch in the goal area and the league have decided they cant play any home games til it measures the exact correct height. I had to go and look for myself and can only imagine the league have taken leave of their senses. I spoke to a couple of people over there and they inform me that although the club had had the matter raised 18 months ago in passing by a league represenative they only received written instruction 4 days ago and told them they had to have the goal mouth dug up, levelled and re turfed for todays game. I ask you all, "What planet are the league on". As I have said on here several times I have been to many grounds as im a bit sad and like local non league stuff, and I can assure you that Runwell is by far one of the best grounds and facilities I have been to especially in the Olympian league set up.

As for the statement on the website, I have looked at it and Hookey you are absolutley right and iIhope the league re think several conclusions and actions they have taken this week.

Piper, if what you say is true, and I have no reason to doubt you, this could open a can of worms for the league.

Regarding the web site I think you will find that the web site, whilst being dedicated to the EOFL, is in fact independent of it and is not as such the mouthpiece of the league.

I believe that a few months ago there was a bit on the Facebook page saying that the league had requested that the Facebook page be shut down and that this request was rejected although it looks like only Peter Godfrey is the only person who ever puts anything on it :)

OLYFAN, I would imagine that many grounds will struggle if the league are going down this road, In mid winter i would also think that 80% of all EOL grounds will have goal mouths that dip down making the distance between crossbar and goal line non regulation. If I was from Runwell I would give their managers a tape measure to take to every ground and pre game check the pitch meets standard and if not insist the game is off and the hosting club be refused use of the pitch til sorted. I wonder how many grounds will be left by march.

OLYFAN, I would imagine that many grounds will struggle if the league are going down this road, In mid winter i would also think that 80% of all EOL grounds will have goal mouths that dip down making the distance between crossbar and goal line non regulation. If I was from Runwell I would give their managers a tape measure to take to every ground and pre game check the pitch meets standard and if not insist the game is off and the hosting club be refused use of the pitch til sorted. I wonder how many grounds will be left by march.

The thin end of the wedge indeed. Sounds personal to me!!!!

Archived