Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Bury Town

littlehampton

This Saturday we welcome Bury Town to the QE2 Stadium.

Founded in 1872, Bury Town are one of the oldest Football Clubs in the country, with a proud history dating back over 140 years, and they have experienced many highs and lows over the years. More recently, the Blues re-joined the Ryman League for the 2010-11 season, entering the Premier Division for the first time.

This season, our visitors have struggled a bit, and are currently bottom of the Ryman Premier table, having lost their last six league matches, and have yet to win away from home.

Town drew 1-1 with Bury at Rams Meadow earlier in the season, and with home advantage will be keen to bounce back to winning ways after our unexpected blip last weekend.

Best of luck to Brad and the boys in this match. Let's do the business and grab the points guys!!

'COME ON THE TOWN'

It's a long way from Suffolk, so we need to let Bury Town know, before they start their journey, if the pitch is playable or otherwise.  Unsettled weather, and an early inspection, must mean there is some doubt as to whether the match will go ahead. Hope for the best and expect the worst!

Phew, we got there in the end!!

Boy, what a relief, I was beginning to think we were never going to score. Great to see Captain Mark Kirby coming up with yet another crucial goal to secure victory, and send Towners home happy. Fantastic!!

By the way, see our next opponents East Thurrock won away 4-3 at Wingate & Finchley, whilst Bognor, who we visit next Saturday, lost 2-1 at Maidstone.

Congratulations to Brad and the lads on digging in and grinding out a result today. Well played, and look forward to getting up to support you on Tuesday evening.

Excellent summary here:

http://www.burytownfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_soccerstats&task=matchdetails&id=256

This reminded me of the Peacehaven game, with sides coming to defend and get a point. Second half Bury were so deep with Joe Benjamin their sole striker up front. He was so isolated it looked like he was playing in a different postcode.

Lots of very good crosses from wide areas for us but no one provided the clinical finish. Perhaps missing JC up front?

Great goal by Kirby, he kept it down brilliantly.

And finally, superb save by Nathan McDonald at the very end to keep all three points.

Boy, what a relief, I was beginning to think we were never going to score. Great to see Captain Mark Kirby coming up with yet another crucial goal to secure victory, and send Towners home happy. Fantastic!!

By the way, see our next opponents East Thurrock won away 4-3 at Wingate & Finchley, whilst Bognor, who we visit next Saturday, lost 2-1 at Maidstone.

Congratulations to Brad and the lads on digging in and grinding out a result today. Well played, and look forward to getting up to support you on Tuesday evening.

I would like to add my congratulations on a hard-fought victory. However, unlike JJ, I can't make it to the QE2 on Tuesday night, but look forward to seeing as many of you as possible 'dahn sarf' for the first of your three Sussex league visits on Saturday.

Archived