Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Doswell Slams the Critics

FF News

Sutton United manager Paul Doswell has slammed "faceless" posters on the club's forum who have criticised his managerial abilities, while revealing his commitment to the club to the tune of a personal £1m investment.

Saturday's 2-1 over Ebbsfleet United was only the second three-point haul in the Conference South since mid-October.

However, a section of United fans vented their anger on the United forum after Doswell missed the Surrey Senior Cup defeat to 10-man Merstham last Tuesday.

The manager was on a family holiday as United had a two-week break from action in the league.

Doswell said: "I have been hurt by many comments from within the club, but people need to understand what is happening at this football club.

"I personally put in £200k over the summer for the refurbishment. I have never told anyone that. I read that that was from the FA Cup money, and that makes me laugh.

"The club have given me a budget, probably lower to mid-table, and in the seven years I have been here, I have added to that every single week and if there is an over-spend, then it's my over-spend, I put it in.

"If mistakes are made with players, they are my mistakes, not the club's mistakes."

Doswell insists he will not walk away in the face of the criticism, nor will he be distracted from his ultimate goal – although he admitted he has come close over the past week.

Source

Archived