Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Banbury boss Davis thinks victory at rivals will keep United up

FF News

Manager Paul Davis believes victory at Arlesey Town could be the one which puts his Banbury United side on the road to safety.

The Puritans travel to Arlesey for Saturday’s premier division relegation showdown on the back of their first three points of 2015 and Davis knows the importance of the clash.

He said: “I’m not going to call it a ‘must-win’ game, it’s definitely a ‘must-not’ lose game but I believe if we can get three points at Arlesey we will stay up. We need five wins and a draw, which I can see us getting with the team we have to play.

“I don’t want to put extra pressure on the players for Saturday but now they’ve got that first win they will be more confident. We had a good two-hour training session on Tuesday and we’ve got a good sized squad now with competition for places.”

United got off the bottom following their victory over Dunstable Town but trail Arlesey and Frome by five points although they have a game in hand over both teams.

Guy Tahin still has a hamstring injury but Joel Meade should train on Thursday. However, Saturday’s game may come a week too soon for Tom Fishwick.

Shepherd Murombedzi also trained this week and Oxford City boss Justin Merritt has said he can see out the season with the Puritans if Davis and the player can agree terms.

Davis added: “Shepherd is a great addition although I’ve told him that he must be committed to us and not look to go on trials at other clubs.

“But with Ade Talabi back and Kynan Isaac here I’m sure they can score and make the goals which will help us stay up.”

Source: www.banburyguardian.co.uk

Source

Archived