Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content



Recommended Posts

Saturday 11-April-2015



ET – Nathan McDonald – Jordan Lockie – Ricky Gabriel – Claudiu Vilcu – Joe Ellul – Stanley Muguo © - Nathan Livings (Liam Hope 56)  – Ryan Doyle (Phil Kane 82) – Corey Whitely – Bobby Devyne (Dernell Wynter 82) – Tyler Campbell

Subs – Isaac Nkosi – Michael Kalu


HFC – Sam Mott – Danny Woodards – Junior Luke – Elliot Styles © - Billy Roast – Frankie Curley – Tobi Joseph  (Kieran Bishop 86) – Danny Johnson– Martin Tuohy– George Purcell – Joey May (Reece Beckles-Richards 65)

Subs – Thomas Gogo – Courtney Homans – Billy Coyne


Officials –

Gareth Viccars – no previous matches involving Hornchurch

Anthony King – five previous matches on line involving Hornchurch

Dean Skipper – four previous matches on line involving Hornchurch


Scorers – Tuohy 18 (H) – Doyle 34p (ET) – Whitely 56 (ET) – Whitely 61 (ET) – Purcell 85 (H)

Bookings – Hope 63 (ET) – Joseph 73 (H) - Wynter 90+1 (ET)

Weather 14 degrees, sunny, wind speed up to 20 mph

Attendance 430

Duration 47.40 + 48.56




Hornchurch had enough chances to have won comfortably at Donkey Lane, but were let down by three defensive errors, all of which led to goals.


Hornchurch started confidently and could have taken the lead when a Joey May free kick caused confusion in the home defence, before the ball broke loose to George Purcell – making his 100th appearance – whose shot hit a defender and went out for a corner. May sent the ball over, where it reached Martin Tuohy who crossed back to Purcell, whose shot went over the bar.


Frankie Curley put his defence under pressure when he conceded a free kick ten yards out, but Sam Mott saved the hard struck kick, despite a deflection en route.


Tobi Joseph set up a chance Danny Johnson, who ran at the defence but his shot was deflected for another corner, which was sent over by Joey May to George Purcell, whose shot was wide of the post.


Keeper Nathan McDonald then saved well from Purcell, who had been put through by Tuohy, before Hornchurch went ahead on 18 minutes, when Purcell played the ball through to Martin Tuohy, who celebrated his 200th appearance by outpacing his marker and neatly slipping the ball wide of the advancing McDonald.


Enfield came back and Sam Mott made two good saves, one from Tyler Campbell and one from Corey Whitely, as the home side surged forward, with the strong wind in their favour, but it was Hornchurch who could have increased their lead when Tuohy made a good run before crossing into the middle where Frankie Curley placed his header over the bar when a goal looked likely.


And, as often seems to happen, within a minute Enfield were level. Elliot Styles attempt at a clearance rebounded off of a home forward and the ball was played back into the middle, where a hard shot hit a defender and a penalty was awarded for handball. Ex-Urchin Ryan Doyle stepped up to level the scores with a well struck penalty.


As half time approached, Enfield stepped up the pace and Hornchurch defended two corners during the one minute of stoppage time, which actually lasted almost three minutes.


Hornchurch had two opportunities soon after half time – McDonald saved well from Tuohy, and a Purcell shot was deflected out for a corner, whilst a third chance came when Tobi Joseph headed over from a long throw from Junior Luke.


But Enfield took the lead when Corey Whitely took full advantage of a slip by Joey May to score from the resulting cross.


And a third goal soon followed, when after a Curley error the ball was played in from the left for Corey Whitely to score his second goal of the match.


Reece Beckles-Richards came on for May, and made a good run on the left, from where he crossed into the middle, but too close to keeper McDonald, who made a comfortably catch.


Hornchurch felt they should have had a penalty when Tobi Joseph went down inside the area but he referee decided it was a dive and booked Joseph instead.


George Purcell was a constant threat, and went close with a hard drive which McDonald did well to save, but five minutes from time Beckles-Richards was fouled, and George Purcell hammered the free kick hard into the net from thirty yards.


Kieran Bishop replaced Joseph, but the Enfield held out as Hornchurch came forward in the remaining few minutes, and the closest they came was when a long throw by Junior Luke eventually ended in the waiting hands of McDonald.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...