Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Witton Albion appoint Dundas

FF News

Witton Albion have appointed Scott Dundas as the clubs new first team manager, replacing Tony Sullivan who resigned after the defeat at Stamford.

Dundas, 41 joins the club from Norton United who resigned from the Evo Stik Northern Premier League First Division South at the end of the 2014/15 season for non-football related reasons. During his four years at the club Scott achieved two promotions, a league cup win and guided the team to the FA Cup first round proper in the 2014/15 season.

Albion Chairman Mark Harris said “I am delighted to welcome Scott to Witton Albion. Amongst the candidates, Scott’s credentials stood out. Having won two promotions, a league cup and reached the first round of the FA Cup last season with Norton, both he and we now have the opportunity for a fresh start. He brings ambition, enthusiasm, and a track record of winning matches through attacking play and a wide knowledge of players at Step 4, especially in an area we have not mined in recent years.”

“Scott’s two objectives are to bring stability and success to Witton Albion – ideally at the earliest opportunity. Everyone at the club is working towards regaining the status we lost at the end of last season, and the board is committed to providing Scott with the support –financial and otherwise – to realise these objectives whilst helping to develop a better player pathway and stronger community presence.”

Scott said “Firstly I would like to thank Mark and all his Directors for the opportunity to manage this fantastic club. I'm excited and looking forward to taking on this new challenge. Witton had a difficult season and relegation is hard to take. Everyone knows how tough the Evo-Stik Premier is, my job is to build a team capable of getting the club back up there.

I want a squad of players who are hungry to do well and blend of youth and experience with the right attitude to achieve success. I know from my past experience that it can be done and that's what I'll be introducing at Witton Albion. I encourage an attacking exciting game where players know their individual and collective responsibilities. I'm fair and we want the club to do well, we will all be working hard to achieve success.

I expect my players to show commitment and passion. The fans pay good money to watch Witton Albion so it's only fair that we do our best to give them something they will enjoy, Wherever I have played you need the fans behind you from the off this can make a massive difference to the players and without the fans you have no club. I have won leagues at this level and above as a player and from my time at Norton I know how to get teams over the line and promoted.

Some of my back room staff will be following me from our very successful time at Norton United as we strive to get Witton Albion FC back to where we belong.”

Scott’s full management team will be announced later this week but will include Steve Chadwick as assistant, Dave Hamnett and ex-Witton boss Paul Ogden as Head of Recruitment. Paul will be working with Chief Scout Terry Murphy to scour leagues above, and below Evo-Stik NPL Div 1, and locally.

Source: Witton Albion

Source

Archived