Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rovers loan star settling in well ahead of Imps clash

FF News

On-loan forward Ben Tomlinson is looking forward to getting back into action as Tranmere Rovers travel to Lincoln City on Saturday.

Tranmere have been without a match for two weeks, but Tomlinson, who arrived just before the last game against Dover Athletic, says that it has given him time to bed into the squad.

He told Tranmere Player: "Before the Dover game, I had only trained with the lads once so I've had a couple of weeks to settle in and hopefully that will reflect in my performance.

"We've had a lot of time to work on things, phases of play where we've worked on our attacking football so that has helped.

"As a player, I'd rather play matches than train and it has been a long 14 days but it's part and parcel of football, you have to get on with it."

Tomlinson says that it is an important game at Lincoln City with the Imps just two points about Rovers in the table.

He says: "It's a game against a team who are in and around us in the league table so you can look at it as a six-pointer. It's a game that we go into and we'll try and get three points out of.

"This league is all about consistency. The team who is the most consistent will get promoted. I think we are one of the teams who can do it.

"It's a really tight division, there are a lot of teams who are close together. I've been at Grimsby this season and now I've seen this squad, I see no reason why this squad can't get promoted.

"Every game is a potential banana skin and every game that you have to look at to take three points. Every match is that important. We have to get Lincoln out of the way first and then look ahead to the rest of the fixtures."

Source: www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Source

Archived