Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Managerial changes at Radcliffe Olympic

FF News

Following a meeting on Wednesday evening between Radcliffe Olympic boss Mike Wain and both the chairman and vice chairman of the club, it was decided that Wain will relinquish his role as first team manager and leave the club with immediate effect.

Mike has stated ‘I’ve had 4 amazing years at the club and after a meeting about the clubs future, we have decided to part company.’

Following Mikes departure, First Team Assistant Manager Steve Morris and Coach Eddie Humphries have agreed to step up to form the new first team management partnership. All other roles at the club remain unchanged.

Vice chairman Michael Bradley added ‘Mike has given Radcliffe Olympic 4 years of devoted service for which he has our profound thanks, and we would like to wish him every success in his future in Football. We would like to think that, like many of our previous managers, Mike will remember his time at wharf lane fondly and feel happy to visit us at any time.’

On the appointment of Steve and Eddie, Michael added ‘We are extremely pleased that Steve and Eddie have agreed to accept these new roles. The club is excitedly looking forward to the remainder of the season under their stewardship.'

Steve Morris stated 'I'd like to wish Mike all the best of luck in whatever his next venture will be and I am sure that he will be successful as he is a outstanding coach and a great personality to have around. We have become good friends over the last few years and have helped each other not only in football but in life itself, hopefully that will continue.'

Eddie Humphries Stated 'I'm obviously sad to see Mike go because he brought me to the club and I know how much hard work he has put in over the years. When I received the call from the chairman asking me to step up alongside Steve I accepted because I really believe in the group of talented players we have at the club. Whilst our league position doesn't currently reflect that I am very confident that we can dramatically improve that over the remainder of the season. I'm looking forward to working closely alongside Steve and putting Radcliffe firmly on the football map.'

Source: Radcliffe Olympic FC

Source

Archived