Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guildford

manurgrate

Until twenty to five on Saturday it was a miserable day to be an Ashford supporter, being down to the bare bones in terms of players and then Russell being taken to hospital in the warm up. We were troubled by the conditions, players these days are used to playing on perfect pitches which was far from the case at Guildford following some works to their drainage system. We struggled to play fluent football, we went behind after the break, Mark missed a penalty ( has he ever missed a pen before?), Bradley was sent off and despite dominating possession, we didn't look like scoring. Then in a mad last seven minutes scored three times.

Bradley probably should have been MOM as he changed the game with a sublime pass  to set up the first and then score the winner. However  I can understand Samad being joint winner as he did incredibly well to slot into an unfamiliar position alongside Will.

Do you mean Bradley or Bayley?  :lol:

That must have been a horrendous pitch to play on, with players fearful of damaging their ankles. Another excellent late,late comeback, too.

Sammy's an excellent player, very versatile. I reckon he could slot in virtually anywhere on the pitch...except maybe goal?

Until twenty to five on Saturday it was a miserable day to be an Ashford supporter, being down to the bare bones in terms of players and then Russell being taken to hospital in the warm up. We were troubled by the conditions, players these days are used to playing on perfect pitches which was far from the case at Guildford following some works to their drainage system. We struggled to play fluent football, we went behind after the break, Mark missed a penalty ( has he ever missed a pen before?), Bradley was sent off and despite dominating possession, we didn't look like scoring. Then in a mad last seven minutes scored three times.

Bradley probably should have been MOM as he changed the game with a sublime pass  to set up the first and then score the winner. However  I can understand Samad being joint winner as he did incredibly well to slot into an unfamiliar position alongside Will.

bayley worked hard i agree but samad was definitley man of the match . slots into any position and does a job for the team , we need more like him !!!

Archived