Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dabbers deserved the points against Salford - Parkinson

FF News

Nantwich Town manager Phil Parkinson felt that his side could have taken all the points in Tuesday night’s exciting game against Salford City.

The Dabbers took the lead through Matt Bell. But the Ammies equalised in the second half to see both sides taking a share of the points after a 1-1 draw.

After the game Parkinson said: “It was a really competitive game as we thought it was going to be. I thought we were superb first half and showed what we are all about.

“We knew that they wouldn’t sit back in the 2nd half and accept the way they were playing. They changed the shape a little bit. I’m a little bit disappointed with their goal in the way it ricocheted to the lad nicely. It seems to be going that way the minute with teams getting that little bit of luck.”

“Salford really dug in during the second half and I thought quality wise Nantwich were slightly ahead of them a little bit, which is no disrespect to them as I thought they had the edge on us energy wise. That is the way they play, high energy. We also play with high energy. But we like to play it as well.”

“I was pleased with the reaction from the players more than anything. I asked the lads for a reaction from the last two games, which were disappointing. All I wanted to see was a performance because if we perform, then more than likely we get a result. I feel we were unlucky not to take all three points.”

“Yes they had a couple of chances but we defended superbly and we reduced them to a minimal chances. Ben Harrison was outstanding at the back and that is what he is all about, especially with that last ditch challenge on Gareth Seddon.”

“That is what Ben does so well. We sort of missed that when he was injured, he has got that defensive cover tackle down to a tee.”

“I would also like to praise Elliot Osborne. His contribution to the team was excellent – his work rate, his passing and he even headed a few balls. I thought he was our best player alongside Ben. Elliot for me was excellent throughout the entire game. He was outstanding.”

The packed Main Stand during the Evo-Stik Northern Premier League game between Nantwich Town and Salford City at The Weaver Stadium, Nantwich, Cheshire.

A stunning 740 people packed into the Weaver Stadium to roar on their team as the two sides gave their all to get important points to push them into second place in the table.

The former Nantwich captain is hoping for more performances and cheering like the match on Tuesday night.

Parkinson said: “It was fantastic, you could only hear our fans. I don’t know how many Salford brought or if they were just local people that were interested in seeing Salford City”.

“It fantastic for the town to have this team in the league and I hope either both of us go up or we both stay in this league because these are the sort of games I want my lads to be associated with and they will want to play in front of big crowds and be on top form every week.”

“But you can see it from other teams in this league. When Whitby came to town you could see it in the first half that their performance replicated how I expect us to be. Up and at it every game.

“I felt we let people down on Saturday. However I think the whole club and those who turned up tonight could see what we were all about and we gave the ‘celebrities’ of non-league football a run for their money. We felt we should have won today.”

Bell opened the scoring on the half hour mark when Kosylo fed Thornton on the wing, and the captain was able to run down the line before crossing for the goal scorer who was able to turn the ball home to put Nantwich ahead.

In the second half Nantwich had to be stout in their defending to stop the Ammies pinching all three points, whilst still creating opportunities themselves in an even game.

Parky said: “We like to get down and play and that goal optimise what we are all about. That first half was what we are mainly about.

“But the second half showed our other key side which was our character.

“Salford are a big physical side and have they a massive budget compared to ours so Nantwich have done pretty well tonight which is very good to see.”

Source: www.nantwichtownfc.co.uk

Source

Archived