Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Win was for the fans - Chester boss Burr

FF News

Chester boss Steve Burr was pleased with an overdue win last night at Moss Lane.

A 3-0 victory at Altrincham was Chester’s first league victory of 2016 – and the gaffer was delighted.

He said: “The people I’m most pleased for are the supporters.

“They came in their numbers to the game once again on what was a miserable night, we’ve not given them much to shout about, but I’m pleased for them.”

The win was set up by a superb first half performance – seeing the Blues two goals up and it could have been more.

“It’s been a long time coming.” Steve said, “We’ve been really frustrated – tonight it wasn’t just getting the three points, which was the main thing, but the way we went about it.

“I felt with the games coming up from now until the end of the season this was a game we needed to attack from the start. It was what we needed – it’s given the lads a big boost, it was a hard working performance with some good football played in there too.

“There was a lot of energy. A lot of pace in the side and that’s what we want every week.”

The players all over the park were terrific for the Blues – but Steve was particularly pleased for Danny O’Brien – who opened the scoring on his debut for Chester on loan from Wigan.

“Danny’s come in leading up to the Torquay game, which was called off, so we worked with him on Monday. I was really pleased with him.

“Jordan Chapell and Ryan Lloyd were also excellent – but as a team they were superb. Tony Thompson as well didn’t have a lot to do but when he did, he did well. It’s just pleasing that we’ve made changes and we got the right result.”

Leading scorer Ross Hannah also had another eventful evening – he missed a penalty before going on to bag his 15th of the league season.

Steve said: “He put me through the mill a little bit when he missed the pen! We spoke at half time about kicking on and going and getting more goals – one back for Alty could have been a bit shaky for us with our form.

“Everything worked well for us. It all worked out. We went with the three centre halves and the wingers and it’s always pleasing when you get the right result.”

The win gets Chester back on track – the Blues moved up to 16th in the National League table: “We’ll go into all games trying to win.

“It has been a long time coming. Last night was an example of how I expect us to play and how my sides should play. I was pleased for the lads and everyone at the club, they’ve sent the fans home happy – and me too!”

Source: www.chesterfc.com

Source

Archived