Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday 12 September - SSML Results/Reports

The midweek fixtures, again on Tuesday only:

Tuesday 12 September (all kick off 7.45)

Premier Division

Aylesbury Dynamos v Real Bedford

Baldock Town v Dunstable Town

Biggleswade United v Arlesey Town

Cockfosters v Shefford Town & Campton

Colney Heath v FC Romania

Harpenden Town v Potton United

Sawbridgeworth Town v London Lions

Stansted v St Panteleimon

Tring Athletic v Crawley Green

Division One

Northampton Sileby Rangers v Irchester United

Division Two

Eynesbury United v Old Bradwell United

Berks & Bucks FA Senior Cup First Qualifying Round

Newport Pagnell Town v Milton Keynes Irish

Edited by Rhodes

23 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 12 September

Premier Division

Cockfosters v Shefford Town & Campton

How do we see this one panning out at Chalk Lane:

Saturday 12 September

Premier Division

Harpenden Town v Potton United

See the match programme:

https://www.harpendentownfc.co.uk/clubdocuments.aspx

Tuesday 12 September

Premier Division

Colney Heath v FC Romania

A repeat of the FA Cup Preliminary Round tie at the Recreation Ground on Saturday 19 August:

On 11/09/2023 at 18:22, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 12 September

Premier Division

Baldock Town v Dunstable Town

This is a difficult one to call, see the match programme:

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/files.pitchero.com%2Fclubs%2F1770%2F4DCJlUcuTZysk16SGpkr_Programme_Vol+16_Iss5_Dunstable+Town.pdf

Edited by Rhodes

The results:

Tuesday 12 September

Premier Division

Aylesbury Dynamos 1 Real Bedford 4

Baldock Town 1 Dunstable Town 1

Biggleswade United 6 Arlesey Town 1

Cockfosters 1 Shefford Town & Campton 1

Colney Heath 1 FC Romania 1

Harpenden Town 2 Potton United 1

Sawbridgeworth Town 1 London Lions 3

Stansted 3 St Panteleimon 4

Tring Athletic 2 Crawley Green 3

Division One

Northampton Sileby Rangers 3 Irchester United 2

Division Two

Eynesbury United 1 Old Bradwell United 1

Berks & Bucks FA Senior Cup First Qualifying Round

Newport Pagnell Town 1 Milton Keynes Irish 3

Edited by Rhodes

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 12 September

Premier Division

Stansted 3 St Panteleimon 4

A groundhopper from another Forum was present:

Stansted 3 St Panteleimon 4 (HT 1-2)
South Midlands League, Premier Division (7.45 scheduled, 7.53 actual)
£8 admission, £1 programme (20 pages), Attendance 66
Tea £1 (range of burgers, £3.50-£6 - didn’t sample)

Relentless excitement as my recent good fortune with goal-fests continued. After Stansted fought back, to draw level, having trailed 0-2 then 1-3, St Panteleimon snatched victory with an 87th-minute clincher. As emotions ran high, there was a bit of pushing and shoving between opponents after the final whistle had sounded. It calmed down, eventually. My wife must be thinking every football match features seven goals.
Second-placed St Panteleimon, a confident, athletic bunch, took a firm grip on proceedings with goals in the 11th and 14th minutes. Stansted, 15th, got a foothold with a neutrals-pleasing strike three minutes before the break. A 54th-minute penalty restored the visitors’ two-goal cushion before the Airportmen sent the noisy home fans into raptures by scoring in the 76th and 80th minutes. Both keepers made several top-quality saves. Three or four were remarkable. Such a shame there was a loser. A novelty, it rained almost throughout.
Despite winning, Potters Bar-based St Panteleimon remain second, a point behind Biggleswade United, who thrashed Arlesey Town, 6-1.
An oddity, the Stansted goalkeeper played the first five minutes without gloves. He’d forgotten them! Somebody dug out a spare pair. Took me back to my early football-watching days, in the 1970s, when keepers played routinely with bare hands (or thin nylon gloves). A far cry from today’s comedy gloves.
I found Hargrave Park, shared with Stansted Cricket Club (of the Herts & Essex Border League’s second tier; finished fourth this season), an appealing enclosure. Loved the low-roofed, intimate main stand, a venerable wood and corrugated iron structure, sporting dog-tooth details on its end screens. Alongside, a modern cover over hardstanding. On the cricket side of the ground, only one of the dugouts is permanent. Strangely, all pitch barriers were of the temporary, interlocking variety. The Clubhouse, rather gloomy, I felt, is positioned just outside the ground. Tiny car park, full an hour before kick-off. I left the car on a side street, two minutes away.
The gateman (the 15th local in the last 11 days to express astonishment at our choice of Essex as a holiday destination) told of Stansted’s disappointment at being moved to the South Midlands League after half-a-century in the Essex Senior. A number of players left, as a result, he informed. An appeal to the FA fell on deaf ears.
Found myself sitting amongst a bunch of Stansted-supporting Essex girls, who arrived, shortly after the delayed kick-off, with arms groaning under the weight of chips and pizzas. Made me regret slightly having not eaten before leaving our holiday HQ, a couple of junctions down the M11. Still a bit full from a Stanford Rivers pub lunch.
An evening watching Eastern Counties League Holland planned tomorrow. Can’t see it topping the Stansted entertainment. But you never know.

• 1 month later...
On 13/09/2023 at 14:56, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 12 September

Premier Division

Colney Heath 1 FC Romania 1

Over 60 photographs from this affair, courtesy of groundhopper Local Bus Driver:

Colney Heath FC 1-1 FC Romania (12-9-23)

Edited by Rhodes